2009/2010 season

sayjann

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chelsea fan,

Would think that Benitez will stay for a while, despite the current results. Didn't he just get an expensive contract renewal and I don't think that Liverpool has the money to sack him with all related costs that would occur.

Yeah true, but at what point do you call it a day. Its always going to be expensive to get rid of managers.

• 2 weeks later...

Massive result. Leeds couldn't get a result at OT even when they were mortgating the club to buy top stars. Given the history of the rivalry and the present state of both clubs, its massive.

Police may have to be doubled for the scum/Leeds cup tie though.

Arsenal had to put on two senior players but a great result. West Ham are tough at home this season.

Not shocked by the Reading/Liverpool draw. I still maintain that Liverpool will not be a top 4 club this season. Even with Torres and Gerrard starting they struggle. Doesn't bode will with moneybags 'Citeh' ready to spend big this month.

Big EPL games coming up. Arsenal have the chance to be firmly in the hunt and be a point behind Chelsea and ahead of Man Yoo but realistically I don't see us challenging unless we get a target man center forward. A back up to Alex Song and a keeper would be nice but is asking too much perhaps. We do have the money. End of the month Villa away and Man Yoo at home within a few days of each other. That will test our title challenging credentials.

Will be interesting to see how Chelsea cope without their african contingent. Losing Drogba, obi Mikel, Essien and Kalou is huge. Citeh may lose ground without Adebayor, Toure and any other africans they have as well. I think they have another african striker.

Archived