Settled in Vegas...come and visit

itsmedave

After visiting some family in Colorado, we arrived in Vegas last Monday. On Tuesday, we went apartment hunting, found something the same day,and moved in on Thursday. We didn't have any furniture to speak of because a Uhaul truck would've been around $800 (plus gas) which was more than what we paid for our stuff, so instead we just loaded up two cars with whatever we could fit. Dee has some friends here, and luckily one of them was looking to get ride of two beds and a living room set. SOLD! (for $300...really nice couches too) Then on Friday we went to a goodwill superstore which had almost everything else we needed for less than $200. So by Saturday we were almost fully furnished...with the execption of a dining room table.

The apartment is located close enough to the strip that we can get there easily, but far enough away that the traffic and crime won't affect us. It is a large complex wigth over 500 units, and plenty of new freinds for Katie to play with...and 3 pools, 2 basketball courts and a playground. We got pretty lucky, I think.

Also on Friday I took my test to work for the State Department in overseas consulates. I had gotten a study guide form them earlier, which was really difficult, but thankfully, the actual test was much easier. I won't know the results for another few weeks, (and the end of the process won't be until after the first of the year) but I think I did pretty well.

Next is finding a short term job.

I often get free room deals so let me know when you'll be coming and I'll see if I can hook you up.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

i hope you take your beloved to grand canyon at some point, totally overwhelming place....hold fire on trying to get a thai maiden to hike it though, much whining!

Archived