Former BG's with Chips on their shoulders...

TheCorinthian

Speaking of embarrassing moments in bars ( :topic: ), when I worked for Garuda in LA, there was this Balinese Prince big shot who hated me for years, just because of a power struggle with by boss(s).

Finally, he had an epiphany of sorts and, deciding I was a decent guy, after all, invited me to lunch at The Brass Monkey, across the street from our office, where I was a regular, and he thought he was.

Dumb friggin Chinese waitress cnut, whom I'd gone out with, assigns us a table and immediately serves me up a vodka tonic, and then asks him if he'd like something to drink. :banghead::cussing:

Thank fuck he wasn't a Muslim and ordered a vodka soda for himself. But still not a great way to start a new friendship with a higher-up.

Years ago, when Patpong was still THE place, I walked into a gogo bar and was addressed by my real name by a young bartender. I nearly fell off of the bar stool. Turned out he was a university student and knew me on sight, though I'd never taught him. He said to me, "Don't worry, archan. I won't say anything. I'm not supposed to be here either!"

I'm sure that sort of thing happens quite often - I once randomly ran into a co-worker diddling with 2 girls (who happened to be married with kids at the time) in a Pattaya gogo and we both just looked at each other and said "I won't tell if you won't tell".

I'm sure that sort of thing happens quite often - I once randomly ran into a co-worker diddling with 2 girls (who happened to be married with kids at the time) in a Pattaya gogo and we both just looked at each other and said "I won't tell if you won't tell".

Don't ask, don't tell. ;)

Getting caught can cause problems. Back when there were a lot more Thai movies than now (3 or 4 being made every week), it wasn't unusual for Farang university lecturers to appear in a film during term break just for fun. One Farang at Khon Kaen University was an extra in a Thai soap opera type movie about a young GTG who fell in love with a USAF officer. Surprisingly, it had a happy ending. Young Farangs were needed to play US airmen, and in one scene they were in a bar at Udorn drinking and cheering as a Thai stripper strutted her stuff. Unfortunately, his department head saw the film and recognised him. She told him the uni would not renew his contract, since he had brought disgrace on it. Archans were suposed to set an example, not appear in films pretending to get drunk and watching bad girls take off their clothes!

:(

sure there's class conscieness in LOS & girls as particularly under the spell of us will be very aware & like girls anywhere like to place other girls in the hierarchy.

now that said I don't see why it should be a problem & why 'farangs in the know' should avoid to mix girls on outings from different social standing or even BGs from different districts LOL? :rolleyes:

as per the example 2 friends take a teacher gf & a (former) BG? out & why the fuck should they be likely to not get along?

well girls will be girls & bitches will bitch about it, but in the end feel free boot them out as a gf if they dont behave for sure I would in an instant :up:

personally I'm in mixed girlie groups all the time be it with others or my girl(s) & sure tempers may flare up from time to time, but overall food times are had be all & cultural/class experiences shared by all. why shouldn't there? of course if the girls like to live in the past or stupid narrow minded world so be it, but that's not in my dictionary or hers...

lets all get along the girls too hopefully :beer::drunk:

I dont have as much experience as many here, but it always seemed to me that most of the girls made more of an effort to get along with one another than the Farang women I know, but bitching about one another seems to be an increasingly popular sport everywhere, and its not restricted to the female of the species. ;)

Havent perceived the 'instant dislike' thing since my first visit to Thailand, and that was just a competition thing - a bit like turning up to an open house with another real estate agent !

"...now that said I don't see why it should be a problem & why 'farangs in the know' should avoid to mix girls on outings from different social standing or even BGs from different districts LOL?..."

I think a lot of it has to do with the selfishness of the guys. Some guys want to go out, have fun with their friends, and want "their girl" there. The guy often care, as he feels it is about him and doesn't stop to think how the girl thinks or feels about it. Especially if he is on holiday.

Archived