91 benzine vs 91 gasohol

khunsanuk

I use Premium 95 too. I did an experiment with a tank of 91, and a tank of 95 and I definitely get a lot better mileage from the 95 - around the city about 17.5km/l and about 18.8km/l on the highway when sitting on 105km/h. When I head over 105 the consumption rises dramatically.

I'm still happy with 17.5km / 18.8km per litre though - better than a Prius Hybrid from what I can gather. :tophat:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MooNoi, more than 17km/l that's pretty impressive with any fuel/petrol - do you mind telling the brand/model/year/engine of your vehicle please?

Coz in my '08 Mazda 3 1.6 I rarely exceed 10km/l & typically manage only 8km/l in bkk city 'traffic' where the E20 vs. regular or gasohol 91/95 makes little difference in consumption although the more 'premium' fuel types tend to give a bit more smooth/fast accelerations where traffic permits - typically outside bkk where coincidently E20 tends to be unavailable :hmmm:

It's a 2008 Peugeot 207, 1.6 Litre Petrol, 5 Speed.

To be honest, about 50% of that driving here in Sydney is on freeways (less acceleration etc) but I'm quite a conservative driver in that I don't flog the car, don't speed and don't accelerate or slow down rapidly. Everything smooooooth.... I can't fault the car in any way. Only needs an oil change every 20,000km too which is great. It's been great and is great to drive. It's a 50 litre tank and I get about 850 km out of one tank. Diesel version apparently gets about 1200km which is amazing!

(Above pic is NOT my car, but same model, colour etc).

quite amazing sure, but those french bastards must have done something right - Peugeot have that reputation now ;)

however I do manage up to say 11km/l if on 'highway' long trips, but keep in mind it's automatic shift & aircon always on so expect that to account of some 20-30% at least opposed to manual & aircon off or no aircon - guess it's winter now in Sydney ;)

Cheers!

Archived