91 benzine vs 91 gasohol

khunsanuk

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote=tartempion

E20 contains 20% ethanol and is 2 baht/l cheaper. Think octane is 95? will check next time I fill her up.

check your miles per galllon, or is it KM per liter, or liters per 100kn,......

I bet its much less than before, so there goes your 2 baht / liter savings

BK

Unfortunately it seems the last 2 fill-ups including the E20 one were not full, so I have no way to check the exact consumption for the E20 petrol. But overall consumption l/100 kms has come down: 9500kms at 632.35 liters = 6.66 l/100kms

Now at 10.843kms with 702.38 liters = 6.48 l/100kms.

Consumption has been stable around 6.75 before that, maybe I drive more smoothly?

So your comment so there goes your 2 baht / liter savings is a shot in the dark

6.66 l/100kms

Why do Europeans and Australians do this?

Its a dam crazy way to gauge fuel consumption!

Why not do it the same as Mile Per Gallon - i.e. Kilo's per liter?

Why is this way easier - quick question - your getting 7 l/100kms - you have to buy minimum fuel to get home - 185 kms - whats the answer?

Hard to do without a calculator for most people.

Easy to do the other way.

all I know is 6-7 liters per 100km is pretty good and my chevy van probably uses 12-15 !

But I always have to calculate it back to miles + USA gallons to figure out what it really is.

But check your milage to see if this ethanol additive is really just a filler,

BK

Can you drink gasohol (I'm assuming from it's name that it contains alcohol)? I'm not suggesting as a regular drink but just on occassions, e.g., when the bars are closed for elections or religious holidays or in the middle of the afternoon when the supermarkets can't sell booze. It probably wouldn't taste very nice so a good mixer would likely be required. Has anyone got any experience? trink26.gif

6.66 l/100kms

Why do Europeans and Australians do this?

Its a dam crazy way to gauge fuel consumption!

The trip computer on my car readout is programmed to do this, i.e. liters per 100 kms. I think you will find this on most European cars. I am more comfortable, however, with km/lit, though back then it used to be mpg.

The best I ever got was 8.8 lit per 100 km (11.4 km/lit) but average around 12 lit per 100 km (8.3 km/lit) if I put my foot down. My car unfortunately sucks premium 95, which now hovers around the 40Baht/liter mark :(

That's almost 5 baht a kilometer!

Archived