USA Independence Day party

It wont rain because after all the bed press it's received the rainy season has decided that it wants a makeover. Now it is to be known as the "grey cloud with occasional sunshine season, but no rain, no way, not ever"!

Likewise the monsoon has decided to be called the "insanely hot season, without rain".

Check this years weather.

In the meantime, I may pop along with a Union Jack and a "i love the queen" t-shirt. Can I sing Rule Britannia as well?

Always puzzled me why us Brits call it the American war of independence and the yanks call it the American revolution? You'd have thought it would have been the other way round surely? :doah:

Simie.

You were glad to get rid of us. But we have occasionally wondered if it was really such a good idea after all.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Was there.

I, sadly, rate it a C-.

Way too few places/tables to sit, eat and listen to the music.

Way less games (compared to last year) for the kids to play.

No fireworks.

Music was A+!!!

Food selections was A+.

Hope next year they will select a larger location and offer more/better seating.

I think AmCham is really struggling these days. I am led to believe there are serious cash flow problems and they are having real issues getting the upfront cash they need to put on the events in same fashion they have done in the past.

I am not even sure AmCham even did this one, from the advertisements I received it looks like a separate group were putting this one on. Did you see any signs this was done by AmCham?

TH

Archived