Help. My mate's been done like a dingo's breakfast

robaus

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Thaihome for the “usufruct†information. I’ll pass that on.

No my mate is definitely in a state at the moment. He was absolutely ashen faced when I saw him last, seemed to have aged 10 years and is very depressed at his stupidity.

Well, good news… I think. There may be light at the end of the tunnel. She amazingly went meekly to the lawyer’s meeting to sign some protection letters. While there my mate raised the possibility of paying some fees a second time and putting it into a company structure. The lawyer agreed and somehow persuaded her to sign it over to a company… BUT she hasn’t signed the final transfer yet! That’s next week. If she’d been more cunning she could have done a runner back to the village, saying I’m not signing anything… she still could! I’m not totally convinced he’s out of the woods yet, until he has all the paperwork secure in his hands.

Since then he has found more love letters from this other bloke, evidence of sponsorship in her bank book, and an arrangement for him to come over when my mate is back in farangland. I’ve told him to keep his cards close to his chest until everything is signed and sealed. But he’s burning to confront her. Meanwhile she’s sulking, accusing him of not trusting her. What a treacherous bitch eh. Maybe the penny has dropped that she’s about to do herself out of 3m baht!

Next problem is twofold, IF she signs next week:

1. How to break the news to her and get her out of the condo.

The logistics of the whole thing. Calmly confronting her with all the evidence and asking her to leave quietly or having an almighty row. I luckily managed to do the former with my ex 9 years ago. It was only a week later she rang me up with a torrent of foul mouthed abuse, when she realized she’d shot herself in the foot. Loss of face, because she’d been unfaithful, not me, been caught out, and I’d got off very lightly without severance pay. This particular bitch may twig that at the 11th hour my mate has matched her in cunning. She may be mightily angry!

2. My mate’s emotional stability. This woman was the love of his life. He’s invested not only money but his heart. He’s seething at the moment and feels strong. But when crunch time comes I don’t think he knows how traumatized he’s going to be when he stares at the 4 walls and realizes she’s gone. When it happened to me years ago, I initially thumped the air cheering and slept alone. Then next day when she came to collect more of her things, I was in tears and was almost on the point of forgiving her. Then after she left I went straight down to Soi 6. An old pro at the King Kong Bar knew I was telling the truth when I said I’d just finished with my long term girlfriend and she felt duty bound on behalf of Thai maidenhood to root the fucking arse off me! :sex: I actually came twice with her, then blow me down or rather blow me up she had me rooting a 3rd time :yay: , but alas she had drained the bag completely. :( (KS, looks like we need a smiley for "floppy dick")

And since then I never get too emotionally close to the girls who grace my pillow.

Unfortunately I’ve already booked to go back to Oz next week to do my tax, so I won’t be around to help him. He only has one other good mate here, and he’s off shortly too. I’ve told him to bide his time. Knowledge is power. And not to do anything to harm himself or the trollop.

Thanks for all your input. I’ll keep you posted. I'll try to summarize this later as a new post on advice to newbies.

:beer:

phew a horror story ,so common ,there must be 1000s of thai women all working towards the same end ,playing the long game , i can think of a few that havent hit the jackpot yet but are working on it .

there is an endless supply of suckers arriving all the time .

True story...

The old toad across the soi "fixed" up some European guy with her "cousin" (72 y.o.). The old guy was head over heels with this lady, even though she had two kids and a husband (that he was never told about...can I say, Dumb Cnut???)...two weeks into the relationship this guy was boning the lady and died!!! Farkin' heart gave out, died "in the saddle"...Hey, good on him!!!!

The old toad is telling everyone that the old guy's family is giving the lady millions of baht...yeah right...maybe he will give her the london Bridge in his will...

Now that's a dingo's b'fast!

Can anyone recommend an easy to use feeware keylogger. There are hundreds out there when you Google. Some claim to be freeware but want you to pay. He just needs something simple (he’s not very computer savvy) that keeps all the keystrokes in a secret log.

Just thought someone may be able to recommend a good simple virus free keylogger.

Perfect Keylogger Lite is a freeware one I've come across in the past and might be worth a try.

You will likely need to disable your antivirus or put the key logger in its exceptions list to stop it being detected and removed though.

http://www.tucows.com/preview/301938

Oh my Buddha... a dingo's breakfast indeed.

All newbies and oldies should track down some very funny cartoons created by Mike Baird, a Pattaya habitue, at amuzingthaicartoons.com (note the Z)

My favourite is one of the recently lobotomized punter arriving at Bangkok airport customs. There's a big set of pigeonholed shelves behind the customs officer containing different sized brains, and the caption reads something like: "Will all Pattaya bound passengers please leave their brains here"

Thanks Boo. I have tried 4 different freeware keyloggers to set up on my computer so that I can explain clearly to my computer near illiterate mate how to do it. All 4 failed to install properly even though I had temorarily disabled my firewall and virus protection, so I uninstalled them and after a virus scan all 4 had left traces behind.

I'll try your source. Thanks.

:beer:

I would strongly advise him to sit on hands and say nothing. The longer he keeps "stum" about what he knows, the more scope he will have to try and manipulate the situation to his advantage and recover lost ground.

Yes, it would be good if he can get the condo into a company name/ownership. He should then follow through with his Thai lawyer by making a will to as to what will happen to that and any other assets he owns when he passes on (or she kills him).

At his age, if he genuinely feels for the girl, he could continue to live with her, depends on his feelings and thoughts now. However, I think it worth pointing out that it is not uncommon for some girls try and keep as many doors/options open as possible, and she may be keeping other contacts with other punters (or potential punters) to try and provide herself with a fallback position in case all goes pear shaped with this guy. They also like to try and accumulate money from as many sources as possible, whilst they can or have the opportunity.

Other ways he could try and recoup potential losses would be to trade in, e.g. the vehicle, for a new one, and then take the new one on credit/monthly payments over a longer period. Or perhaps better, sell (for cash) the existing vehicle with the stated intention of buying a new better one, and then not do so. (But make sure the sale proceeds go into his account!!)

Another thing with the Condo, assuming he can't quickly or easily sell it, or even if he just wants to get her out of it, with least fuss, - he could arrange to let it out to someone for a 6 month period because/whilst he makes a visit back to OZ. With the alleged intention to make some money from it. She could return to her home village to stay with her family with some financial support from him whilst he is away! At least that is how he could present it.

As I said, if he can keep quite about his suspicions he can better manage/manoevre the situation to his advantage. He should keep things on as good a terms as he can with her, and then step by step slowly set about recovering as much of the situation as he can, without drawing her suspicions.

Archived