Help. My mate's been done like a dingo's breakfast

robaus

BTW,

I'm with JonJon here. He shouldnt reveal what he knows and try to get her to put the condo back in his name under the premise of a more lucrative investment opportunity.

Greed is a pretty good motivator for some of these girls and if she thinks she may be able to get more out of him, she might just be stupid enough to do it.

He can pretty much write off all the other shit though.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks jonjon , Damen and pasathai for your help…:up: good idea re excuse for recouping money in order to build bigger and better. This particular Thai woman may fall for that.

Faustian, yes I think he has already written off the other stuff. The car was secondhand and the house for Mama was a simple 2 storey A frame structure that he designed and built himself. This condo will be the biggest potential loss though.

Cheekyboy, my mate is an English Aussie 30 years in UK 40 odd in Oz. Yes we have more than our fair share of flim flam men downunder such as notorious conman Peter Foster who helped Cherie Blair buy properties in Bristol. Who knows what his ultimate aim was there.

As for the cynics ... we all make mistakes. How many of you lost half your net worth last year in the credit crunch, even though you’re big boys, by blindly trusting your investment advisers and fund managers? Why on earth didn’t you seek advice on how to hedge your investments using options, futures and CFDs. Tut tut …very remiss of you! :neener:

He hasn’t lost his condo… yet! … well, they’re still living together there…. and I’m seeking advice to keep him living there.

He’s in his 70s (and she’s no spring chicken) and is definitely slowing down and becoming forgetful. I think the company structure idea was just too big a mental challenge for him, and he foolishly trusted the woman he thought was the love of his life. Admittedly, despite his generosity to her family, he’s also as tight as a fish’s bum on himself …as many old people living on a pension are. But what good does saying “Som nam na†do? I have compassion for my mates and I don’t believe in kicking a bloke when he’s down.

Yesterday, he went with her to a lawyer to get some sort of protection letters to prevent her selling or kicking him out of the condo. He should have done that "before" the title deed, but anyway she reluctantly signed them I think. Whether they are worth the paper they’re written on is anyone’s guess. The lawyer suggested a company structure would be better even at this late stage. She turned on the tears saying “Don’t you trust me darlingâ€Â. I’ve told him not to reveal his incriminating evidence until he’s on safer financial ground.

Yes, I've read that the Thai govt is cracking down on phoney company structures, but as with many other Thai initiatives and laws ... TIT, I haven't heard of anyone having their company annulled yet. Hopefully even at the 11th hour he can get it into a company and sell it. Then next time do the right thing and buy within the farang quota. Except that through all of this money shuffling, I suspect that he has now tainted the money he originally brought in under a TT3 form and changed its status from Oz sourced money to Thai sourced money via his gf... i.e. useless for buying a condo in one's own name. He'd have to somehow get the 3m baht back to Oz and reimport it.

Any more resurrection ideas greatly appreciated.

Sorry, mods. Didn't know where to post this: as a cautionary tale for newbies in the relationships forum, the financial ex pats affairs, or technology advice on a keylogger

:beer:

Tell the girl he wants to buy a much bigger nicer place (and put it in her name again). But he needs to sell this one first. Then after they sell, rent an apartment while they look at some different places.

Good idea!! But once I got the money :deal: I would be out to 7-11 for a six-pack i.e. to the airport and haul ass!! No need to stick around for the pissed off rage.

S1

Thanks, Malco. I'll pass that on to my mate. He's got to go back to Oz for a month later in the year... health/pension stuff. I think that's when the bitch has told the other farang to visit LOS. Could be handy for gathering more proof.

:beer:

Good idea!! But once I got the money I would be out to 7-11 for a six-pack i.e. to the airport and haul ass!! No need to stick around for the pissed off rage.

S1

:yeahthat:

If he does manage to get it out of her name he's going to have a VERY pissed off woman on his hands.

Myself... I would ske-daddle! :yikes:

Hopefully he is getting a "usufruct" registered at the land dept which would allow him to live there for the rest of his life, even if she sells it from under him. These can very useful in situation such has he has found himself in. Admittedly, there are not perfect in case of a divorce and are much more useful in protecting a foreign husband from the family in case the wife dies.

It sounds to me like you are much more upset then he is.

TH

The title of the thread is very misleading.

A dingo is an Australian wild dog which is often persecuted, and leads a tough life. For breakfast a dingo might have to settle for " a scratch - a piss - and a look around"

In otherwords nothing, zilch, zero. In this case it sounds like she got the "Big Breakfast"

Archived