Airbus crashes into Indian Ocean

Flashermac

And how much chaos would it cause if ALL Airbuses were grounded at once???? :doah:

That's about half the world's airline fleets... just not feasable to do that.

And remember that today's crash was operated by a tin-pot airline from a tin-pot country with (probably) tin-pot flight crew.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, SD... I always thought you were much more pragmatic and realistic than that!! You surprise me!

Now really... since those 3 planes have gone down (which is over a period of 7 months), how many flights have flown between 2 points in the world?? You would still have to be PRETTY DAMN UNLUCKY to be involved in a plane disaster. I'll keep taking my chances, and flying decent airlines and I should be okay. :thumbup:

Anyway - if they ground Airbuses then how the fuck am I going to get to BKK in 5 weeks!! Both flights on CX to BKK are on A330's!!! :banghead:

Three in seven months is a LOT -- plus the other incidents I mentioned. All with the same plane.

We can compromise. You don't have to ground them all. But a few currently in-service planes, given to an independent place to run through them, is not out of the question.

Remember, I've worked in the "mass production of transportation assets" biz all my life and know a odd event series when I see it.

Cheers,

SD

1 June: An Air France Airbus plane travelling from Rio de Janeiro to Paris disappears in the Atlantic with 228 people on board

20 May: An Indonesian army C-130 Hercules transport plane crashes into a village on eastern Java, killing at least 97 people

12 February: A plane crashes into a house in Buffalo, New York, killing all 49 people on board and one person on the ground

And now this one....I'd suggest a problem is emerging....cutting costs going on by airlines??

Moo, remember the shitfight that happened over the "exploding Pintos" (the Ford mini-car of the 1970s)?

Remember how high profile it was? Remember the repercussions to the company? No? Look it up.

So...how many people were killed by this "defect?" Ultimately, 27 people were determined to have been killed in rear-end-crash explosions involving Pintos.

How many Pintos were sold between 1971-1980? 3.1 million plus. Care to figure how many miles they travelled and how many people rode in them?

So this is LESS than the deaths from *maybe* faulty Airbus'. As I said, something needs to be looked into right away regarding this issue. Potential aircraft industry defects need to be looked into at least as much as the auto industry.

Cheers,

SD -- thinks Pinto was much ado over nothing, but equal attention should be paid

Archived