Talk about making something out of nothing

What a complete piece of garbage this story is. I guess they are trying to say Air France has problems but comparing an air-conditioning issue to a crash is just ludicrous. Not even the same type of plane. Horribly piss-poor reporting, IMO.

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - Air France says a flight has been forced to return to a Dominican airport because of technical problems with its air conditioning.

Paris-bound Air France Flight 493 had been airborne for about 20 minutes late Thursday when the pilot noticed a technical problem and returned to the Caribbean capital.

Air France spokeswoman Maria Esther Velasquez says the Boeing 777 had a problem with its air conditioning system.

The passengers aboard were taken to nearby hotels to await later flights to Paris.

The incident occurs weeks after a Paris-bound Air France Airbus A330-200 crashed in the Atlantic, killing all 228 people aboard.

Link

My point is this type of thing happens and is not given air time. It happens so much that's why it's not given air time. It's normal to turn around to fix things at the closer airport rather than flying hours and hours with a broken plane. Ridiculous to print this non-story.

Still recall with horror my AirAsia flight from Phuket to Bangkok without air conditioning....wasn't much fun...we lived, but lost several kilos due to sweating, all the while we were told nothing was wrong with the plane and the air hostesses acted like we were the ones at fault for complaining....

Haven't flown with them since....

Archived