I don't feel sorry for the Dali Lama and Tibet

Mike Goodtime

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<< The whole Arab world (yes, including Iran) >>

Sort of a nitpick, but the Iranians are not Arabs. The Persians and Arabs have long been enemies. Only thing they have in common is Islam. The Iranians really believe they are superior to the Arabs and look down on them. If the west would leave the region alone, the Sunnis and Shi'ites would soon fight with each other and leave the rest of the world alone. Unfortunately, there is a lot of oil in the region - so the west won't.

>>the western province of china where muslims are causing mayhem, again!!!

... since the Muslim Uighurs have been in Xinjiang for centuries before China occupied them in 1949, I prefer to call theem freedom fighters.

:beer:

Yes, I know they are different. Just trying to make it simple for the Islamophobes on this forum.

Perhaps I should have said the whole Muslim world has agreed to recognize Israel in return for a just peace with the Palestinians and Syria.

Guest lazyphil

what makes you any different to han chinese in muslim land??...lots of aussies decend from euro losers who swamped a *kulture* with another, just as the han chinese. you are a sanctamonious hypocryte. i can respect a red necked aussie more than your kind, at least they dont babble on about human rights in far flung corners of the globe while at the same time occupy land thats historically not theres.

>>what makes you any different to han chinese in muslim land??...

… nothing whatsoever …. except that my ancestors and about 300m Americans did the same at a time when their forebears thought such practices were acceptable, along with slavery and burning witches (maybe you still approve of those anachronisms too, LP). I woiuld hope we have different values now from for example the time when the wholesale genocide of Aborigines in Tasmania because they were regarded as sub human was regarded as normal.

How would a Welshman react if the English government banned the teaching of Welsh in their schools, compulsorily confiscated Welsh countryside and shipped all the dispossessed inhabitants to Cardiff, encouraged the migration of millions of English, allowed their chapels to be desecrated, then jailed any Welsh people who protested against this. There'd be more than a few country cottages used as weekend retreats by the English burnt down in rural Wales, I suspect.

Why can't the Chinese be as enlightened in Xinjiang as the British government is in Wales going so far as to offer the Welsh independence even, but they don't want it. Simply respect people's cultures, religions and human rights... it's not that hard and it actually works.

You're always quoting the distant past morality, LP, to justify 21stC injustices. Just like the Bronx born Zionist Jew holding the Old Testament in one hand and an Uzi in the other, while confiscating a centuries old Palestinian olive farm with "We are the chosen people.. it's says so here". It's ludicrously out of date.

agreed...the Chinese are certainly evil and do not care about crushing anyone (which annoys us now, but mark my words, they will be the only people to stand up to---and ultimately crush---the Muslim extremists, while the rest of the world [like Western Europe now] basically bends over and takes it up the ass from them...)

the OP was likely influenced by a whole genre of left-wing paranoid literature about the Dalai Lama being in bed with the Nazis, making lamps out of human skin and such, haha...I used to get a load of that from this dyed-in-the-wool modern day (American) commie who married my ex-wife's cousin...!

Archived