I don't feel sorry for the Dali Lama and Tibet

Mike Goodtime

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Link

[color:purple]I think I'm going to Katmandu.

That's really, really where I'm going to.

If I ever get out of here,

That's what I'm gonna do.

K-k-k-k-k-k Katmandu.

I think that's really where I'm going to.

I'm going to Katmandu.

I got no kick against the West Coast.

Warner Brothers are such good hosts.

I raise my whiskey glass and give them a toast.

I'm sure they know it's true.

I got no rap against the Southern States.

Every time I've been there it's been great.

But now I'm leaving and I can't be late

And to myself be true.

That's why I'm going to Katmandu.

Up to the mountains where I'm going to.

And if I ever get out of here,

K-k-k-k-k-k Katmandu.

That's really, really where I'm going to.

I'm going to Katmandu.

I've got no quarrel with the Midwest.

The folks out there have given me their best.

I've lived there all my life; I've been their guest.

I sure have loved it, too.

I'm tired of looking at the TV news.

I'm tired of driving hard and paying dues

I figure, baby, I've got nothing to lose.

I'm tired of being blue.

That's why I'm going to Katmandu.

Thats what I'm gonna do.

K-k-k-k-k-k Katmandu.

Take me, baby, cause I'm going with you.

I'm going to Katmandu.

I ain't got nothin' 'gainst the East Coast.

You want some people where they got the most!

And New York City's like a friendly ol' ghost;

You seem to pass right through.

I know I'm gonna miss the USA.

I guess I'll miss it every single day.

But no one loves me here anyway!

I know my plane is due.

The one that's going to Katmandu.

K-k-k-k-k-k Katmandu.

Really, really, really, going to.

I'm going to Katmandu.[/color]

Cheers,

SD

Because Tibet has a cool name - and the monks wear cool robes' date=' have cool horns etc. The others don't.

[/quote']

A valid point.

I always wanted to go to Kathmandu.

Last time I was in Kathmandu, it was in Nepal...

Because Tibet has a cool name - and the monks wear cool robes' date=' have cool horns etc. The others don't.

[/quote']

A valid point.

I always wanted to go to Kathmandu.

Yeah especially after Eddie Murphy paid a visit in the Golden Child.....sooo mystical...

Well don't get your knickers in a twist about Muslims taking over your neighbourhood

... it's human progress after all! :neener:

You know the answer of course, which we've discussed many times before. It's all about respect for human rights.

Colonial powers got away with murder in centuries past.. that does NOT make what they did right.

China, Israel, Indonesia to name a few are continuing to colonize in the 21stC , but times have changed, the whole world is watching now via the media and internet.

:beer:

Maybe watching ... but doing nothing about it. Stalin was allowed to redraw the map of Europe and move around millions of people, yet no one is talking about undoing it.

Only difference I see between now and the past is that a few people are watching a while, before they change the channel.

:dunno:

Guest lazyphil

the point is the chinese will not like to be lectured by sanctamonious liberals from the new world who have reaped the rewards living on illgotten land. 2 wrongs dont make a right i agree but thats not how the chinese will see it who frankly have been humiliated over the years. its their century now. they will mete out some savage treatment we wouldn't dream of in the western province of china where muslims are causing mayhem, again!!!

>>Maybe watching ... but doing nothing about it.

... sadly, yes.

That and the free world is petrified about upsetting China who own so much US debt and Israel who own so many US politicians!

What is doubly sad is that the solutions are so simple.

1 If China offered its Tibetan and Uighur minorities (about 25m in a land of 1.3 billion?) genuine federal autonomy, respect for their religions, use of their resources but paid back in free healthcare, education and job opportunities and stopped swamping their culture and economies with Han Chinese, the minorities would be waving Chinese flags and thanking their Gods that they live under such a beneficent umbrella, rather than under the dictatorships over the fence in the Stans.

The bill would be chickenfeed compared with the cost of continued armed repression and world pariah status.

2 If Israeli and Palestinian diplomats picked up where they left off at Camp David when Clinton was called away to a G8 summit 10 years ago. They were days if not hours away from a deal that would have had them living in peace and prosperity for the last decade. They’d already agreed on the main stumbling blocks: shared status of Jerusalem, land swaps so that Israel could keep most of its large settlements.

By now they would probably have been members of the EU too, so that they could live, work, and worship in each others’ countries anyway.

I hope Obama can still make it happen. The whole Arab world (yes, including Iran) has already agreed in 2002 to recognize Israel in return. That’s exactly the Middle East economic stimulus the whole world needs right now.

Win win, but some powerful people seem to prefer war war.

This may be all academic. Watched a fascinating highly recommended BBC? doco series airing in Oz atm Ascent of Money http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ascent_of_Money by Harvard professor Niall Ferguson. He concluded that by 2025? China will overtake US economically, and that an imbalance of aspiring Chinese families earning $2,000 pa (and saving) which subsidizes the debts of US and European families with $30,000 pa (and spending), usually leads to war. Sorry about the vague figures.. I was slurping on a fine Aussie red as I viewed.. and I don’t mean Nicole Kidman :hubba:

:beer:

Archived