Pizza...gotta have some Pizza

CaptainPike

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JW Marriotts bake shop at Suk, Soi 2 serves up one of the best thin crust pizzas in town.

Pizza Pizza in Central World also does a very good pizza.

Baco Sergio at Soi 53 too.

Cibus, in the Siam Paragon supermarket makes the best pizza with the more substantial bread type crust. Awesome.

I've tried a lot of Pizza in Bangkok and they all have something a bit different to offer.

The easiest to find is Italian style, thin crust pizza. I personally find it pretty flavorless and wimpy compared to a nice NY-style slice but that's what you find.

Here's my list of CASUAL pizza places:

Limoncello, Suk Soi 11 - Nice sit down place with large selection of pizza. Pizza is better than pasta but a bit bland and pricey. But, you can tell the pizza is made well.

Venezia, Suk Soi 11 - The extra large is monstrous sized (basically American Large sized) and it is a pretty good deal. They deliver. I was very impressed with the quality of the big chunks of fennel tasting italian sausage they used.

Bella Napoli, Suk Soi 21 - Great deal and the pizza is pretty decent. Pizzas can actually feed two people quite well for around 200 baht or so depending on toppings.

Via Vai, Soi 8 - Heard excellent things about this pizza joint.

I think my favorite pizza was had (twice) in the Italian restaurant (which name escapes me), but is just inside soi ari (north side, phahonyothin rd end). Yes thin crust wood fired owen the way I like them & their other foods are decent too. Medium to high pricing though & a few celebrities spotted from time to time (usually fighing) :rolleyes:

Another great slightly more Thai/Fusion restautant & pizza style is 'pola pola' at kasetsart south side not far from vibhvadee junction (just after market, but before another large restaurant) ;)

I like Basilico for a quick pizza (soi 31 and 20). Much better at the restaurant as it seems to not travel well (gets soggy).

And of course, the Madrid (Patpong 1) and its Madrid Special are still very worth consideration.

Cheers,

SD

Archived