Pizza...gotta have some Pizza

CaptainPike

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't found a pizza in Bangkok worth eating. What turns me off is the quality and the price. I like a good New York styled pizza that is loaded with everything and is hotter then hell. I can't find a New York styled pizza let alone one loaded with everything. When it comes to hot, Thais like to use Thai peppers, which to me, is just not hot enough - must be habernos.

LOL you won't eat pizza's in LOS coz' they're not 'hot' enough for you? You need more spicy than the average thai/mexican? well LOS have some of the worlds hottest chillies & I bet even a pizzeria/italian restaurant whatever pizza place can fix you up with something 'hot' on requests be it fresh chillies, chilli paste, chilli oil, dried chilli whatever even habernos if needed somewhere LOL ;)

But like you I just can't get it hot enough (well I have my limits too) but lately I've stopped spicing up 'farang food' to be able to actually taste it & then get my kick from Thai/Mexican whatever foods (truth be told I'm yet to find a proper mexican place in BKK/LOS, but maybe you can point me to one?) & thus am fairly happy with the 'minimal' italian style non spicy pizza's as well as the more spicy 'american' or 'thai' pizza's (currently the 'tom yam' pizza from pizza company are pretty hot, but not mexican hot admittingly :up:).

YMMV :beer:

A friend she works at the JW Marriotts took my for a Pizza in a Italian restaurant can not remember if in Soi 7 or 11 next door to the German restaurant

That's probably Limoncello next to the German restaurant on Soi 11. It is kinda pricey but it has a clean and casual sit-down atmosphere.

It has been a while since I have been there but the place under tower 3 of the Grand President on Soi 7 was not bad. It turned into a German restaurant (with decent German food) but they still made pizza in the wood fired oven. German beer on tap too!

Archived