Pizza...gotta have some Pizza

CaptainPike

It's hard to go to Patpong without stopping into Madrid Bar for pizza, beer, and som tam and then going on to SOL for a little relaxation.

Pizza (like hamburgers) tends to be very personal, it is sort of the farangs' version of som tam or kuaytiaw, everybody has a different opinion.

Pizza Pizza (by Yahnee) mentioned above in Central World (it is also in the food court large Central up Ploenchit)-- I didn't like at all, very tasteless--but that is one person's opinion. Ditto for the pizza in the Italian Restaurant (don't remember name) across for the Novotel on Soi 33.

Surprisingly, I liked the thin crust at Pizza Hut (bang gawp) when I get it delivered to the apartment. The Pizza Hut pizza I have eaten in BKK seems to be far superior to the Pizza Hut I have had in USA. Again, a pleasant surprise.

Bella Napoli (I think they have the Emporium restaurant and the one on Suk close to Soi 11) varies a lot. I have had some good ones and some not so good.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CTO, Tried scoozi once not bad, but more expensive than many & not as remarkable as the one in ari. Yes I thing you're right about that building which at groundfloor has 1 or 2 other restaurants with the italian one (left most) being my pick every time ;)

I hope you haven't given up on your fitness/work-out program????

When I first started, I would count calories like crazy and cut out the carbs but I think now it was counter-productive.

I eat what I want, keep the portions small and try to eat 5 times a day. I'm constantly eating actually. And I'm losing weight. I always eat within an hour after a workout, some combination of carb and protein.

I do stay away from things like soft cheeses, sausages, bacon, etc. But pizza and pasta are definitely on the list. Works for me...

Guest lazyphil

pizza is good for carb loading, i had pizza the evening before the fell race i took part in may.

going running in 30 minutes.....usual route, 4 miles, will try and be my pb of 27.06, getting a bit frustrating not being able to beat it :( maybe the indian takeaway i had yesterday might fuel it :susel:;)

Archived