Obama's In Trouble With Health Care

Hugh_Hoy

Total public debt was less then 6 trillion dollars. That is what the people owe' date=' not the governments.

Today, the people owe 7.3 trillion, the governments owe 4.3 trillion making a total debt of 11.6 trillion.

Sourse: Link

Having said that, why would we spend trillions of dollars on healthcare when we are in debt as a whole of 11 trillion dollars? Doesn't make sense too me.

Just curious YF, but did you ask the same question about the funding for the Iraq war? And with GWB cutting the top tax rates at the same time?

I thought not ...

I am waiting for youngfarang to announce he is going into the Marines.

The way I see it, if the war last another 10 years, then it will 10 years and 1 day before youngfarang signs up for the Marines.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Total public debt was less then 6 trillion dollars. That is what the people owe' date=' not the governments.

Today, the people owe 7.3 trillion, the governments owe 4.3 trillion making a total debt of 11.6 trillion.

Having said that, why would we spend trillions of dollars on healthcare when we are in debt as a whole of 11 trillion dollars? Doesn't make sense too me.

What kind of medical insurance do you have?

If you should have an accident, do you have insurance to cover it?

And if you don't have the insurance, how would the bill get paid?

Simple, he'll lose everything he has earned in his life paying the bill, at a much higher price than an insured person would be charged. Assuming he couldn't cover it, he'd either be paying it off forever, or else it would get dismissed in a bankruptcy, and the result would be those with insurance would have to pay more to make up his share. This happens everyday in this country.

What I don't get is all these government employees who are fed off the taxpayer tit, and or retired and living off it, not wanting the other taxpayers to have what they have.

I have worked almost non stop from the time I was 18, paid my taxes etc...if I lose my job, I lose my insurance, never mind the Cobra plan etc, I can't afford it with no job. Why some people don't want me to have medical insurance/coverage in this event is baffling. Equally as baffling is why these same people don't want to have any medical coverage should they be in the same position.

All I hear from these people is "I don't want my tax money going to pay for illegals and those who don't work..." forgetting this already happens, and they are already paying...Every other developed nation has some form of health care for it's citizens, yet "the greatest nation on earth" does not...

Ok, but assuming all the right wing insurance indusrty crap is just that,crap, and people would have a choice to stick with what they have, or go on the government program, what is the issue with the people who are against it? especially if nothing is going to change for them?

To me, this is just a bunch of industry lobbyists making sure they scare the shit out of everyone so they can keep raping the public. These bastards bought of the right, just like they did Hillary and Bill...it is not in the public's best interest for this to fail, it is however in the best interests of the insurance companies if it does...

What kind of medical insurance do you have?

If you should have an accident, do you have insurance to cover it?

And if you don't have the insurance, how would the bill get paid?

Simple, he'll lose everything he has earned in his life paying the bill, at a much higher price than an insured person would be charged. Assuming he couldn't cover it, he'd either be paying it off forever, or else it would get dismissed in a bankruptcy, and the result would be those with insurance would have to pay more to make up his share. This happens everyday in this country.

What I don't get is all these government employees who are fed off the taxpayer tit, and or retired and living off it, not wanting the other taxpayers to have what they have.

I have worked almost non stop from the time I was 18, paid my taxes etc...if I lose my job, I lose my insurance, never mind the Cobra plan etc, I can't afford it with no job. Why some people don't want me to have medical insurance/coverage in this event is baffling. Equally as baffling is why these same people don't want to have any medical coverage should they be in the same position.

All I hear from these people is "I don't want my tax money going to pay for illegals and those who don't work..." forgetting this already happens, and they are already paying...Every other developed nation has some form of health care for it's citizens, yet "the greatest nation on earth" does not...

Youngfarang doesn't want health care for everyone but all hell will break out if the person who hits young farang's car doesn't have auto insurance.

That is pretty much my take as well. I know a guy who is retired from a federal law enforcement agency. The guy has a fat pension and health care, which are provided to him at tax payer expense. I know 2 retired cops, who get more pension than they did salary, have great medical, and SSI, again, all provided at tax payer expense. I know several state and federal workers who are in the same situation.

Now, what do all these people have in common? They all have theirs. They will tell you they earned it, and deserve to keep it. True I suppose, except they will also bitch that they don't want THEIR tax money going to fund others...WTF? If we all had that attitude, they'd have shit!

They will also scoff at the idea of cutting back on benefits or salaries (cops in my city make an excess of 200K a year, Oakland had a traffic cop making over $230K) for those who currently hold the jobs they held. All sorts of excuses. When you mention that the system cannot sustain the current status quo, again, they have more excuses, and point fingers at who ever...

These people and tens of thousands just like them, all got fat off the public tit, and now want others to do without. These people have it all, and yet don't want anyone else to have even simple health protection. Boggles the mind...or maybe not, selfishness is not that hard to understand.

On a side note, the tax base here in California is way down, government costs are way up, the system is broken and in dire need of repair. Yet at a time when everyone else in the country is bending over and taking it in the financial ass, some government employees are demanding more...yet the people who pay the salaries of these people are not entitled to the same health care? WTF?

Second side note, people seem hell bent on making Obama fail at any cost, how unpatriotic is that?

Archived