scantilly clad greeters banned

cheekyboy

I doubt you find anyone that has done any business in Thailand and Vietnam to agree with you. Vietnam is well known for being almost impossible to get anything done without significant payoffs to many different government levels.

TH

Maybe, but businessmen are just one small segment of society. Corruption's not just about collecting bribes. Thai cops are involved in the country's drug trade, and went on an execution rampage a few years back. There was that case with the son of Chalerm executing an undercover cop in front of lots of witnesses in a disco (this over an argument of someone stepping on someone's foot, if I remember), getting protected, escaping, getting off very lightly eventually.

Thai corruption seems a lot more mafia style -- you'd never see a case like that Chalerm kid one in Vietnam.

Thai police are also quite often bar owners, where ladies ply their trade, not to mention the human trafficking...

They are universally shite at their jobs. Acts of abuse and violence are perpetrated against women and children by Thai men constantly. You rarely hear of arrests. Most Thai women know there's no point reporting crimes against them.

well in VN it appears as if 'scantility clad sexy young females' are definitely not tolerated as I've never seen them (much).

also one would be hard pressed to find a single motobike driver or passenger without a helmet now (in Saigon).

just 2 examples how VN appears as a better, safer society than LOS.

as to business well I can't say much with only the odd business visit which always went smoother than smooth, but certainly visa rules are more strict probably somewhere in between China & LOS...

Didn't check corruption ranks, but regardless I'd say rules may be stricter in VN, but then they tend to enforced more transparently which may be a good thing (for business). more predictable at least ;)

Archived