Need you help: one night out, Bangkok or Pattaya?

tartempion

Leaving LOS to Europe some time later this year, decided to fly domestic one day early, flying into Swampy morning, leaving next day evening, having 34h between planes :clown: (for those asking why only 34h: I can not disappear from earth for much longer and no need for moral knights to tell me what I can and can not do, OK!)

Option A: Bangkok, taxi to Sukhumvit hotel, have free time afternoon (if in need saw free lancers lower Suk around lunch time), hit SC evening, take girl to room, if no find still have cheap ladies readily available on Suk. Two weeks ago had a blast at Deja vu, still in love with the BG I took there, not sure a repeat is wise though. I need groping, testing the goods before buying, so gogo's with only nude showing are not in my favor. Note: I am not up-to-date with SC gogo's.

Advantage of a night BKK: relaxing, easy ride to/from Airport, could do some last minute shopping (MBK etc) I can order a free limo to airport as opposed to not-so-funny bus Pattaya-airport or lousy 800B taxi (not very important but comfort counts)

Option 2: Pattaya, catch bus to Patters (wasting 2 hours) afternoon can relax swimming pool or beach, if in mood visit soi 6.

Evening: know many good places for groping: Super Baby, Baby Dolls, Sharks a gogo, Windmill, X-Zone. Walking street surrounding mind blowing as compared to any Bangkok Place.

Day 2, have time to hit soi Post Office or soi6 or have bitch road walk etc before finding boring 2 hours transport to Airport.

Conclusion: well I don't know how to decide: it's the wildness of Pattaya at a cost of being uncomfortable in traveling (tiresome combined with the nightlife plus subsequent flight to Europe) against the risk of less fun in Bangkok, but still high expectations on a blast.

Your arguments pro/against each option are welcome :applause:

Pattaya.

Since you have 2 afternoons and 1 night Pattaya is the place to be, as you already stated Soi 6 / Postoffice etc. BKK can be hit or miss whereas in Pattaya there is fun to be found on every street corner.

The journey time from Pattaya to Swampy is a lot less than 2 hours, only last week I drove from Pattaya to Sathorn area of BKK in 1h45m for the 140KM. Depending on time of day it may be just as quick to travel the 100KM from Pattts to Swanmpy than the 40KM from lower Suk in traffic. :twocents:

I much prefer Pattaya for sanook and mongering - but if it was me in your situation, and only there for one night, I would stay in Bangkok.

Get a nice GF hotel for the night, such as Sheraton Grand, and you've still got a lot of options during the daytime as well as the nighttime - beer garden, Eden Club, Tulip and other MP's etc.

The main reason being, if I was there one night I would want to make the absolute most of it - can be in Suk in 30-40 mins from Swampy and then straight into it. You'll lose a couple of hours total going to and from Pattaya in comparison.

2 Nights of more - no brainer, Pattaya - but for one night, I'd just stay in Bangkok.

Everyone's different of course.

Damen,

I disagree with yourself and Piggy due to reasons I posted earlier, the differance in Travel time between Lower Suk and Swampy as opposed to Pattaya and swampy is only a matter of 20-30 minutes at most and depending on arrival time pattaya could be even quicker. When I got back 2 weeks ago landed at 7:45 and was on the road from swampy at 8:15 home by 9:30. an hour 15 to cover 40 KM, I am sure I could have done th 100KM to pattaya in less.

I dont think travel times are a deciding factor in this but them again its up to OP to decide.

I think we're all making too big a deal out of this. The OP lives in Thailand and is seeking advice for a day and a half around the airport. I'm only an occasional tourist and I wouldn't dare bother the dignified readership of this board with such a question.

Archived