Carrying Passport in LOS

MooNoi

moonoi, too bad your friends didn't use this great opportunity to follow the 'cops' to the station & get a receipt along with copy of the law they supposedly broke? :cover:

so now we again will never really 'know' the true & real law, but just discuss it the n'th time & agree to disagree LOL.

BUT the chances are mekong are right as at least we no proof to prove that it's required as no one have ever came back with a confirmed case of such enforcement.

Just a very good case of wide open avenue for extortion sorta like the king power/airport case :rolleyes:

Take care!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the break down on the law.

Just out of interest, do you actually have the relevant Act/ordinance which states this to be the fact or is it more to the point that no legislation actually exists that says "foreigners/aliens must carry a passport. Usually a passport is just an entry document.

OZ

I dont have time to search at the moment, just landed back in the sandpit for 8 weeks. In one of my previous posts on this topic within the past 2 years I did post link relating to this very subject.

• 2 weeks later...

if they want money..they want money. I can't see that argueing the finer points of Thai legislation with a policeman on the beat would help in anyway. Only help could be trying to negotiate the fine down. Notice the areas mentioned (MBK, Suk and beach road)obviously only trying to hit tourists so i doubt any problems in other areas.

With the BiB grubbing for tea money on the slimmest of "excuses"...it seems that is one must carry their passport in LOS, that the BiB would be all over this and be extracting tea money quite easily...I am guessing that it is not a hard and fast law that when in LOS you must carry your passport...in 20+ years I have never been asked to show my passport in LOS, however, YMMV

Archived