To Marry or not to Marry?

doris day

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as mentioned a very likely reason of you suddenly considering marriage was because 1 of 'your girls' was suddenly snapped up & married off the market.

I would agree she was never 'your girl to marry' as your feeling only surfaced 'afterwards' so take it as a good experience & as a token that there's a girl out there for to marry too & you'll 'know it' soon enough (not after a few days of screwing her, but after some months the first hunch might come & probably a few years you'll be hooked) - keep it up!

or you could be one of those who'll be a big fat butterfly forever & die lonely (from family perspective) ;)

Marriage is a serious legal prospect - you should view it as such and be warned.

From my experience, women are attracted to strong, independent men. You don't need a woman to make you whole. You should stand on your own two feet and be a man first.

A woman should complement you, like a fine wine accompanies a main course.

This 'lolly' you've been deprived of would never have made you happy. Take some of that inner turmoil - and make it into a strength - become a man.

Well said panadol - couldn't have put it better myself.

Just been through a very difficult divorce process myself and I must say, without the support of family and great friends, I'd probably be in a nut house by now... or worse

Just remember,marriage ( atleastin the UK )is a legally binding contract to give someone half of all your assets plus possible share of future earnings.....takes some of the romance out of it doesn`t it.... :nono:

Not actually automatically the case in the UK. A mate of mine has just divorced his Thai wfe and as he had aquired all his assets before they married and had no children he only had to give her a very small amount of money in real terms and has kept his property and pension intact.

Different kettle of fish of course if they had had children but then again that would have been the case even if they'd lived together and had children without being married.

Simie.

Archived