To Marry or not to Marry?

doris day

Mekong, well done for another thoughtful and informative post. I actually knew most of that anyway (and am not trying to climb up your arse! ;) ) but since you and another well known poster who has sadly decided to leave this board often get/got stick for the odd, shall we say "robustly critical post" with regard to other posters I just thought it would be nice to draw attention to one of your many high quality postings.

Simie.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some men need/must be married.

I mean, how does one introduce the gal in social gatherings? Seriously.

In the USA, introduce as my "long time partner", alternative life style partner (for those "happy" people).

If together long enough, then she becomes your common law wife.

I just introduce "mine" as "da Boss"!

Some men need/must be married....

That is so true. Have you ever noticed how so many men get into another relationship very soon after their divorce or even very soon after separation. Even before marriage some blokes can't bear not to be in a relationship. You would think they would enjoy a bit of freedom before going under the thumb again. Sad bastards. :shakehead

After my 1st divorce, I studded around for quite a few years, in fact before the divorce was finalized, I was studding around.

Absolutely no intention of hooking up in any long term relation for quite a few years, however, then I got snagged, chemistry, long way from home, all the usual excuses...

Archived