Thaksin confident he can return to Thailand in 6 months: Kwanchai

Coss

Thaksin confident he can return to Thailand in 6 months: Kwanchai

Link

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is confident that he can return to Thailand in six months, Kwanchai Praiphana, chairman of the Udon Thani Loving Club, said Saturday.

Kwanchai said he met Thaksin in Dubai and he expressed the confidence that the political situation would change and the Democrat-led government would collapse so he would be able to return in six months.

Kwanchai said Thaksin also promised that he would return to serve the people by returning to politics.

The Nation

I post this to revive it in 6 months time...

5 months, 30 days, 23 hours and 58 minutes to go.....

Thaksin confident he can return to Thailand in 6 months

I'm confident he could return right now if he wants.

Somehow I'm thinking announcing to the public that you're confident someone important is going to do exactly what you want him to do, despite that person's signals until now only to the contrary, is not the best way to persuade that person to do what you want.

Here's something I feel confident about: if that person was even considering it, I'm confident he wouldn't want it being announced first by this yahoo.

So the correct way to interpret "confident" in this case is more "he better, or else".

So to this confidence of his, I'd be very tempted to respond "Confident? Excellent. Want to put your money where your mouth is, toughguy?"

Actually, I'm of the opinion he'll return pardon or not. Face his accusers.....perhaps serve country club prison time or even more realistic - manipulate his around the charges and trial in a most typical Thai fashion. I believe most pundits might consider his return to spawn chaos from all camps. I don't think so....not as frenzied as it might seem. I guess will never know until he makes his return. I should expect him to be well entrenched into the Thai political scene before long.

A new revolutionary period is amongst us. Some might see a civil conflict brewing, brother against brother - just as 'they' want it to be. The distraction of opposing political factions. The power base remains the same. Will never change until this enity is resolved.

• 2 weeks later...

Link

Pheu Thai MP Pracha Prasopdee on Thursday said he anticipated ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra to stage a comeback following the political upheaval expected within three months.

"Today (Thaksin's) shoes and clothes are already packed and his return might be facilitated by a pardon or an amnesty; the slate must be wiped clean, just you watch the next three months," he said.

Pracha said in his assessment, the upheaval will erupt either by riots involving the grass roots or by a coup.

The Nation

Archived