Another scam story

Lord Toad

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"

There is enough info here to find the culprits. Start with the shop, the shop assitant and the taxi driver. The guy made a phone call(s) to the victim's hotel. That should be able to be tracked down...

Need to have CSI working this one..."

this would depend on A. if the scammee was an important person, or B. someone paid for the investigation

It cannot be a voluntary withdrawal if you were drugged. Same as holding a gun to your head.

You may find, that if you argued with your bank that they will refund the monies. As with every large organization their first customer service policy is to refuse any claim which has flaws in it or may cause embarrassment.

Going with a complete stranger, well, I guess we all take a girl home with us in LOS (who we have just met) but who in their right mind invites you back to their place when they first meet?

Anyone have any idea what the drug may have been?

Fine for us to say "moron" or "idiot" but the reality is Thailand is known worldwide as having probably the friendliest people on the planet who always greet with a warm smile.

The guy was scammed by a Filipino!

Yes but it happened in BKK not Manila or Davao

Isn't this a decade old scam? Everyday a new fool is arriving in LOS.

I have to wonder if, in this particular situation, everything and everyone were the same. Only the setting was in London....would this gent be taken aback or duely oblige curtiously as he did on the streets of BKK?

Poor victim made only two mistakes. Going with total strangers into a taxi and accepting a drink from a pair of total strangers in a strange house.

Everything that resulted started with those two events.

I say that this guy should consider himself fortunate that he is still alive.

Wouldn't call him innocent because he seems to be a member of this forum and presumembly has read of other scams in Thailand.

Archived