Thailand rejects Bout extradition

Mekong

A lot of behind the scenes stuff for sure. And probably money too.

Would not surprise me if Mr. Bout is released, put on a plane somewhere and that plane mysteriously lands somewhere where people are waiting for him - in a much friendlier location and he ends up anyway in the USA.

It seems Mr. Bout is rumored to be a Russian spy, in addition to his "business" interests. So there are, no doubt, a lot of back room discussions going on.

The ruling appears to have been made by a single Thai judge (who is probably out looking at new BMW's today), and, as I understand it, is not the final say, nor is it necessarily the position of the Thai law enforcement or of the the Thai gov't.

I suspect this drama is far from over ...

Yep. All the Thai Government has to do is find some immigration "issue" and they can deport him as "persona non grata" on just about any plane they choose. Agree with Chappy: "it ain't over til the fat lady sings" and she probably is just getting warmed up.

HH

Not all that uncommon for a person to be arrested at the request of a foreign country, held for some time, and then ending up not being extradited after a hearing in that country. There is a case in Canada that has been going on for over 10 years and the suspect has still not been extradited to Thailand and if they don't hurry he will walk.

Link

TH

Archived