Arizonan arrested for having some quartz crystals

Bangkoktraveler

"...Remember the former administration trying to tie drug smuggling to terrorism? Of course the Taliban uses the opium poppy to finance things but they are a smidgen of the global narco economy..."

I seem to recall some rumblings about a previous US administration smuggling coke to pay for some contra activities...also seem to recall something about Hoover using Heroin to poison a certain ethnic group...but that must be all bullshit I am sure, as the USA would never do such a thing....oh and what were those posts a few months back about the US military being told NOT to touch the opium they found?

I tend to think the Taliban gets most of it's funding from other Muslim nut jobs, and the Saudis paying them to leave them alone...of course the Bush family is in bed with the saudi's/binladens, so well, better to say the drugs are paying the bills...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The deputy cited Zatarain on suspicion of possession of an imitation controlled substance and released her.

Other than Unit731' date=' nobody has really commented on this. [b']I find this rather disturbing that after a field sobriety test and a field test of the substance which both proved negative, the cop in his frustration cited someone for having imitation drugs. It's ground up rocks, FFS!! [/b]

I might change my mind and come back to Thailand immediately if this is what the U.S. has spiraled down to.

you got the point. It was quartz crystal, a substance that is very common on the planet. Next, if a cop claims you have an imitation drug and it turns out you have water, you might get charged. You might have to go to court and for god's sake, I can't forsee a judge being so stupid as to convict somebody for having water.

Cops have a hard job. They really do. I appreciate and respect it. However, they did choose that line of work. It wasn't forced on anyone.

That said, cases like this is where the media and the viral internet needs to come out and speak in force. That cop and the proscuter need to have their actions made even more public and try to explain why the woman was arrested.

No, it won't make cops skittish about actual drug cases. If a person fails a field test and/or the substance is shown to be an illegal substance in a field test, by all means have at it.

In my departments cops try and get promoted by having an impressive arrest record. Padding their own stats. Prosecutors are the same. The truth and justice takes a back seat to padding the stats.

Archived