Arizonan arrested for having some quartz crystals

Bangkoktraveler

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing happened in my case.

I was a Middle School shop teacher. We did plastic, wood, metal, graphic arts, etc.

In the classroom/shop we had a plastic injection mold machine. Students could make things out of all forms of plastic.

One substance I had was ground up clear plastic. A very fine powder. I had it in a clear plastic baggie - small - about the size of a sandwich bag.

Anyway, all items stored in metal closed door cabinet in classroom.

Well, one student desided to poke around. Without telling me. He only looked I was told.

In another classroom students were learning about substance abuse - drug prevention classes.

Anyway, one day the principal comes running down to my classroom as some parent called and told principal that I had cocaine in the classroom. The young lad who poked around classroom had told parents what he thought he viewed or the parents 'interpreted' what the young lad had stated.

Funny how things can be turned around so quickly and hysteria enters the equation.

Again, nothing happened.

<< suspicion of possession of an imitation controlled substance >>

In other words, it wasn't illegal ... but looked like something illegal. Huh?

This is very disturbing. Got to make sure I renew my membership in ACLU !

We had a good one on a local radio talk show.

Taken from newspaper and then actual person arrested was interviewed live on radio.

Seems this younger guy in his local town was kind of a prankster with the local police. The police did not like his harmless and not illegal pranks.

This young guy carried around a tape recorder with him. He was pulled over by local police officer for some chumped up charge.

The young lad turned on recorder. The police officer - pissed - started yelling at young lad - but had no real charges. The police officer did not know about the tape recorder. But the police officer, yelling, told young lad that he (the police officer) could "throw a bag on marijuana" into the youngs lads car and then arrest the young lad for "possession of a controlled substance".

All caught on tape.

There is a seperate offense of taping conversations without permission - but no charges were brought in this case for this item.

The young lad was let go and all charges dropped.

This local police department created a 'press release' stating that it is not the policy of the police department for it's officers to carry around controlled substances just to throw them into any vehicle or person pulled over. The press release continued to state that this does not happen in this town.

What do you think?

<< suspicion of possession of an imitation controlled substance >>

In other words' date=' it wasn't illegal ... but looked like something illegal. Huh?

[/quote']

This is very disturbing. Got to make sure I renew my membership in ACLU !

We had a good one on a local radio talk show.

Taken from newspaper and then actual person arrested was interviewed live on radio.

Seems this younger guy in his local town was kind of a prankster with the local police. The police did not like his harmless and not illegal pranks.

This young guy carried around a tape recorder with him. He was pulled over by local police officer for some chumped up charge.

The young lad turned on recorder. The police officer - pissed - started yelling at young lad - but had no real charges. The police officer did not know about the tape recorder. But the police officer, yelling, told young lad that he (the police officer) could "throw a bag on marijuana" into the youngs lads car and then arrest the young lad for "possession of a controlled substance".

All caught on tape.

There is a seperate offense of taping conversations without permission - but no charges were brought in this case for this item.

The young lad was let go and all charges dropped.

This local police department created a 'press release' stating that it is not the policy of the police department for it's officers to carry around controlled substances just to throw them into any vehicle or person pulled over. The press release continued to state that this does not happen in this town.

What do you think?

In Arizona, only one party has to agree to the taping. Cops can tape but citizens can not. something is wrong.

As far as cops creating incidents by planting evidence, every retired cop I have talked to says it goes on all the time..... just they never did it.

I keep telling ya, 99.9% live believe in an America that no longer exists. As I said in another post, its a sorta Matrix we're living in, thinking we have the same rights, etc. that we have always had but don't.

I don't trust the cops or the government for shit. Yes, if I get arrested overseas I'm seeking the help of the embassy, etc. and expect them help. Its what I pay taxes for (or the tax they have been able to get).

An overzealous cop and prosecutor have a fiefdom that only those with a lot of time and money...especially the latter, can defend against. In those instances you have to wait months if you're lucky, years in all liklihood that the case gets fought up to the state supreme court or federal court.

The 'imitation illegal drugs' is such a vague law that it should be unconstitutional. In theory, a cop comes to my house and sees sugar on the coffee table as he's peering into my home has just cause for a search since its in the eye sight of the door.

The law is an arrest now, sort it out later law. Gives way, way too much discretion to the cops and is so easy to prosecute or threaten with prosecution if they get it wrong. Its one of those 'if you sue us for wrongful arrest we'll try you for imitation. Either consider it a wash or face the bottomless resources and power of the government'.

There is also the various 'paraphanelia' laws, where if you have a bong, never used it for smoking and you could have it as simply decoration but you can get arrested for having it. The thinking is 'why else would someone have a bong?' or any other thing like a roach clip, zig zag papers, etc. (hmmm...i know way too much about this stuff for someone who has never taken drugs...hehe).

I actually do believe the government loves keepng the war on drugs because they can use it do what ever they wish to the citizens.

Remember the former administration trying to tie drug smuggling to terrorism? Of course the Taliban uses the opium poppy to finance things but they are a smidgen of the global narco economy.

Its all so much bullshit.

rant over....I think. Someone give me a tylenol.

...I Remember the former administration trying to tie drug smuggling to terrorism? Of course the Taliban uses the opium poppy to finance things but they are a smidgen of the global narco economy.

rant over....I think. Someone give me a tylenol.

Rants are okay, my man. It's theraputic. I've used all of my tylenol thinking about the current Congress and Administration. Now on 800 mg Ibuprophen :content:

That said, I think u must agree that Afghan opium accounts for well over half of that trafficked in the world. Also, while you might quibble about how significant opium and it's derivatives might play in the overall drug abuse culture, I think it would be difficult for you to quibble about the significance it has in supporting the terrorism of the Taliban. And that is certainly NOT insignificant.

HH

The deputy cited Zatarain on suspicion of possession of an imitation controlled substance and released her.

Other than Unit731, nobody has really commented on this. I find this rather disturbing that after a field sobriety test and a field test of the substance which both proved negative, the cop in his frustration cited someone for having imitation drugs. It's ground up rocks, FFS!!

I might change my mind and come back to Thailand immediately if this is what the U.S. has spiraled down to.

The deputy cited Zatarain on suspicion of possession of an imitation controlled substance and released her.

Other than Unit731, nobody has really commented on this. I find this rather disturbing that after a field sobriety test and a field test of the substance which both proved negative, the cop in his frustration cited someone for having imitation drugs. It's ground up rocks, FFS!!

I might change my mind and come back to Thailand immediately if this is what the U.S. has spiraled down to.

you got the point. It was quartz crystal, a substance that is very common on the planet. Next, if a cop claims you have an imitation drug and it turns out you have water, you might get charged. You might have to go to court and for god's sake, I can't forsee a judge being so stupid as to convict somebody for having water.

Archived