Three guilty of airline bomb plot

Coss

Tanvir Hussain, Abdulla Ahmed Ali and Assad Sarwar were found guilty.

Three men have been found guilty of plotting to kill thousands of people by blowing up planes flying from London to America with home-made liquid bombs.

Link

The annoying thing is that these arseholes have sensitized me and others, to people that look like this, I am unable to view chaps like this without thinking "KaBoom".

But I did met a cute little Iraqi girl the other day, who was very pretty, and loving and not deserving of menfolk like this.

Cheers

Coss

<< But I did met a cute little Iraqi girl the other day, who was very pretty, and loving and not deserving of menfolk like this. >>

Most definitely! I have some of the sweetest female students, wrapped up in a hijab, with their arms covered and skirts to their ankles. Their non-Muslim friends are in mini-skirts or trousers and t-shirts. I sometimes wonder what goes through these girls' minds. Still, if they don't follow "the rules", they could possibly end up dead - murdered by the men in their own family. One year I'd see a student in a burqa on campus, looking more like a dalek than a human. My reaction was that her father should be shot for what he was doing to her.

The problem with Islam is that it insists on controlling every aspect of a person's life. Supposedly, Muslims who stop believing don't dare let anyone know ... not if they want to keep on living. Posters here like to boast about their atheism. For a Muslim to say such things could be asking for a death sentence.

And now the inevitable caveat: yes, I realise there are very many nice Muslim men who are not murderous loonies. (I've taught enough of them to know.) But the fact remains that the most bloodthirsty religious lunatics in today's world are Islamic fundamentalists. (And don't drag up GWB and company. They never based their actions on religion. Radical Zionists at least confine their actions to Israel/Palestine.)

Guest lazyphil

i know an eygyptian quite well, smart clever lad. we got talking about iraq and wot not, said iraqi women are loyal beautiful women, iraqi men unworthy sorts using kinder words i am!

Isn't it extremely difficult to produce a bomb in this manner?

Yes. The idea is that you have 2 harmless liquids which can be mixed together in an aircraft lavatory to produce a deadly explosive. This makes for exciting action movies but is not feasible in reality. The Register debunked this myth. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08/17/flying_toilet_terror_labs/

Archived