Trouble in Thailand Part 2.

chuckwoww

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

'fights over girls'....who the hell comes to thailand to end up fighting over a woman???? mind boggling, leave that stupidity for saturday night in downtown bedford or burnley etc

...mind boggling, leave that stupidity for saturday night in downtown bedford or burnley etc

They have women in Burnley now? They'll be voting next... :surprised:

Anyhoo, I suppose it was a happy ending (of the non-seedy variety) for the retard from Manchester. Mind you, if they locked up every Farang who was caught with weed at the Full Moon and couldn't afford to buy a get out of jail card, then there would be no room in Thai prisons for any deserving Thais.

The annoying bit was that she (and her mother) didn't seem to blame the wastrel boyfriend and they'd be getting back together later! Talk about a shallow learning curve. No doubt she'll be appearing in series two tearfully stating from behind bars again "I thought they'd have forgotten about last time by now, and we never thought we'd get caught TWICE! This never happens on Coronation Street." :susel:

Excellent analogy! :thumbup:

I suspect the nearer analogy to the alcohol soaked mind of the average cannon-fodder is buying a bag of chips and having everyone take a dip. You can always buy more but why should you?

But then the "any excuse for a fight" theory also flies... :susel:

I was in a Nana gogo the other night waiting to speak to a girl who was friend of a friend about whom I wanted some information. Minding my own business when this heavily Scots' accented drunk at the next table decides to get sociable much to his companion's embarrassment. He first asks if I am American (insult to the injury already inflicted by his bad breath) and when I say English he starts in with the "F*@& England" routine - with which I have some sympathy, but not when it's accompanied by haggis breath. Anyway it gets a bit tense as I fail to rise to the bait but he backs off when my friend once removed comes over and he starts on the waiter about his bill. He has one word of Thai - "alai" - which he repeats over and over much to the bemusement of the waiter and I, business concluded, slip away.

Not a particularly nasty incident but the first one after a nice quiet low-season with just me, the Japanese and a few school teachers, suggesting it's time to ease back on visits to the more touristy areas for a while.

I have to say, this episode was a real letdown compared to the first one. I want more JJ. ;)

I looked at a couple videos on Youtube that were 'related' to the jet ski scam episode, and one was of "JJ scams US Marine" describing it as happening a few days after the one on the show was taped. (is that JJ again in this clip? hard to tell)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LDkSNcuv94

The clip with the US marines was interseting because the 'sergeant' this time (a big fat guy) was in his take-charge mode, but as he's telling the Thai "what he needs him to do" (write him a receipt!) it's absurd since obviously the quiet Thai with his hand out is the real man in charge. Also interesting in this clip is that the scammers enlisted a cop to watch the whole thing. It's actually better evidence than the tv show's clip, since it makes the police corruption and complicity crystal clear and undeniable. It's a scam, and the cop is a key player in it. He's heping the con artist. He's standing there watching to make sure the scam goes down.

Was this one also shot by this Gavin Hill?

Like most "reality TV" and a large percentage of documentary films, very, very obviously fake and staged.

What you have to realize is, when they get multiple camera points of view for every interaction, including nice stable establishing shots and stable, perfectly composed close-ups of every manner of facial expression---again, from multiple perspectives---that is your cue that the scene (and make no mistake about it, it is a highly scripted scene) was carefully set up, lighting tested, etc., with multiple rehearsals.

Oh, I'm not saying it's not entertaining...just don't delude yourself that it's anything approaching "real".

Archived