Help with Zoe Facts

mainsail

Would love to read their response should you get one. These guys would have been worth contacting. I am sure they would know about ZOE

Thai Women of Tomorrow Project

Faculty of Social Sciences, Chiang Mai University

Chiang Mai

Thailand

Contact Information

If calling from Thailand:

Tel: 053 892 788

Fax: 053 892 789

If calling from overseas:

Tel: +66 53 892 788

Fax: +66 53 892 789

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see how they can remove the children without the consent of the parents. I don't know about this case, but some mothers will relinquish their child so he/she can get an education. The children can not leave Thailand without a passport and I believe these children are stateless (no papers).

Just throwing out other possibilities.

Until you get some facts - hopefully you're getting some via pm or the contact Bust provided - do as Coss says and be very careful, otherwise you'll both look like idiots putting national pride above the well being of those the NGO is allegedly helping.

If it takes longer to gather the info you need, hold off until you're prepared. If you go off half-cocked :wanker: , you'll lose your credibility forever.

I've been working with ngo's for the last 6 years. A few are gone, one is great, the rest exist to justify their existance. Also they are incredibly jealous and protective of their turf. Not one has done me favour that has had a real outcome yet. As far as trafficing, i stand by the amazing survey a mate did, reality is there is very little trafficking as long as ultra poor people are willing to work for next to nothing.

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

Archived