Sunset Bakery, San Francisco, CA

The_Munchmaster

Apparently it's got the best fruit cake. :up:

"Whenever theres a special occasion, I never hesitate to call Sunset Bakery for a cake. They have the best mixed fruit cake! Everyone whos tasted it, LOVES it!"

Link

Only "Fatties" eat fruit cake, they should all be killed...I am offended, think I'll cry like a bitch to one of my older friends and have this topic closed and banned...

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=sunset+bakery+San+Francisco&fb=1&gl=us&hq=sunset+bakery&hnear=San+Francisco&view=text&latlng=7726415717804833550

Nice part of town, when you come to visit, we can get some pastry and go eat in Golden Gate Park, which is nearby, or at the beach...as I recently lost a friend, I have room for a new one.

My old neighborhood, where I grew up. It brings back memories...

Although to keep with the topic, my favorite bakery in the Sunset was "The Golden Brown" on Irving Street.

Great city.

My *first time* there I was lucky enough to stay in a slightly different neighborhood. :surprised:

1996, stopped enroute to see friends in Sebastopol (Sonoma County). Wanted to spend a night or two in SF and was looking for a cheap place to stay, somehow I ended up at a Motel 6 on the corner of Geary/Larkin.

It looked like a seedy neighborhood in the daytime when I checked in - but hell, it was cheap and I was tough (haha, yeah right). Anyway, fell alseep in room till about 10pm, and decided to go for a walk and see what was open.

Holy shit. HOLY FUCKING SHIT that area scared me. Full of creepy characters lurking about, some with serious violence in their eyes. Syringes on the sidewalk, crazy looking hookers, and thugs. And bizarre entities I can't define.

Don't get me wrong --> SF is a great world-class city, but it has these areas (eg, the Tenderloin), where you don't need to be if you don't know what you're doing. I feel a hell of a lot safer walking in East LA at night than I do the Tenderloin.

Past that though - It's one of the best cities I've seen. And though people joke around about the gay aspect or whatever, the truth is -- the Castro is one of the nicer parts. Really cool area. If I could import the Thai beer and gogo bars into the Castro, I'd be relocating tomorrow.

"Men know they are sexual exiles. They wander the earth seeking satisfaction, craving and despising, never content"

- Camille Paglia

Just watched on the Travel Channel an episode of "Man Vs. Food," which took place in S.F. at Ike's Place in Casatro and the San Francisco Creamery just across the bridge in Oakland. Anyone ever eat at either of these resturants (and have the "kitchen Sink" at the S.F. Creamery)?

Archived