Amex is a chocolate tea pot!

Lusty

Ok for paying for hotels but try finding an ATM that reconises them!

Most of the time I have to use my own Visa/Mastercard for withdrawls(the company are ok with this and will remburse any interest/withdrawl charges).

Dunno why we're not issued with the Visa/Mastercard in the first place!:cussing:

In short Amex is about as much use as a wedge of Zimbarbweeian dollors! :(

I purchased airlines tickets with a foreign carrier here in the USA in US dollars and my credit card (Citibank)company charged me an additional 3% because it had to pay a foreign bank. Gee!!!

I recall that I made the similar purchase a couple of years back and Citibank did not charge me the 3% fee!

Don't worry about Amex. It's getting worse in the next years if you leave the USA with any credit card:

For Americans, Plastic Buys Less Abroad

By MICHELLE HIGGINS

Published: October 4, 2009

BETTER pack some cash on your next trip abroad. Americans are finding that their credit and bank cards aren’t as convenient as they once were while traveling overseas.

The problem: American cards lack a special chip, now commonly used in many foreign countries, causing the cards to be rejected by some merchants and kiosks.

NYT

The key is FTF...Foreign Transaction Fee... the 3% rip off that the CC companies started to charge a few years ago.

Almost all do, but if you look you will find some do (did) not charge the 3%...like Capital One...

They can charge what they like as I ain't paying for it!

The key is FTF...Foreign Transaction Fee... the 3% rip off that the CC companies started to charge a few years ago.

Almost all do, but if you look you will find some do (did) not charge the 3%...like Capital One...

The FTF came about because of the class action suit against the CC companies and most banks for previously hiding it in the exchange rate.

TH

Archived