Favourite Beer

The_Munchmaster

This has been prompted by Doris Days statement that Tiger Beer is the best beer in the world. :hmmm:

Now the worlds a big place, there must be thousands of different beers around the world and everyone has different taste so there's no way we can establish if DD's statement is correct.

However we can establish what beer (available in Thailand) is the favourite of the Board Members. Will it be Tiger? I doubt it. Probably Heineken or San Miguel Light I expect?

Sorry if I've missed any or included any that aren't available.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't actually drink much beer, as I prefer wine and spirits, but when in LOS I do tend to have a few beers in the afternoon before I drift onto black sodas in the early evening.

I prefer dark beers because of the taste and so I usually have a few pints of Guiness. However if I'm having more than a few I need something lighter and usually end up drinking Heineken. Not because I particularly like Heineken over anything else but just because it's available everywhere and it's easy to drink.

Nice list, Munchie.

I voted KLOSTER - my favourite beer by a mile. I love the clean, crisp taste, and can drink bottle after bottle without getting too smashed. No hangover too. An all-round winner. :thumbup:

However, I don't think it's available in LOS anymore. :(:(:(

I didn't see it at all last trip. Something about Singha (Boon Rawd) buying the license for it and then stopping production. :cussing::banghead:

Maybe someone can clarify.

Last trip as I couldn't find it, I switched to San Mig Lite. Nice taste and quite crisp, which I like. Not sure about it's LOW-CAL claims however... might be just a marketing gimmick.. not sure.. :hmmm:

Miss my Kloster though. :(

I mainly drink beer in Thailand with the odd spirit, usually gin & tonic now and then. Almost never have wine in Thailand. With regard to beer, Heineken probably quite low on my list when in Thailand. Tiger mainly or perhaps San Miquel. I often have the odd Singha as well if I'm drinking beer with Thai food.

In the UK again its mainly beer with the odd spirit when out but mainly wine with the odd spirit at home.

Simie.

I've not been happy with the beer in Thailand since they stopped selling Carlsberg. I drink Guiness at home but the Guiness KL stuff you get in LOS tastes of shite.

Carlsberg was also my preferred beer in Thailand until it stopped. :sad:

I don't have any problem with the Guiness in Thailand, but then I've never been to Eire to try the real thing. eat-drink-smiley-5179.gif

kloster and asahi for me!

alas, the first one discontinued for a good few years now, the second one's only available in very few places...

you overlooked cheers beer...best drunk luke-warm on a pattaya curbside wearing a singlet, shorts and flip-flops, and shared with a newfound ladyboyfriend...

Archived