Genuine Microsoft products

limbo

Somehow installed a Microsoft update that checks genuine products and strangely enough my Windows office program failed the 'test'. Now I have another two weeks to get an original copy, any ideas or comments what may happen in two weeks time if I don't change to an original copy.

I actually do have an original Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 but this doesn't support Outlook, a program I use and kind of depend on.

Any input is appreciated.

Stop using Office - I've been using Open Office for a few years now - latest version is perfect - recently had to use M Office Xcel - Open Office version far better.

Had a friend use my version recenty - didn't even notice (Daily XCEL user to boot) that he wasn't using M Office.

Free and legal and interoperable with M Office - I swap files Xcel PP and Word daily - as long as I save in a M Office format no one even notices.

Free and legal to boot

I agree, been using OO for a few months now since MS disabled my old Office for Mac. Strangely, the same copy installed on my laptop is still working.

I don't like software that allows the maker to invade the privacy of my computer. Who knows what else they can do.

Have to use MS Office at work and use OpenOffice at home.

I think there's no reason to 'try' a software when there's a freeware doing the same job.

limbo,

if you want to use MS Office you need to get a serial that's considered legal. No need to reinstall Office. I'll tell you how to enter the serial when you've got one.

Just did that last week, was quite easy. But sorry, I can't forward the serial.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived