Did I get f**ked On Price?

Steve

I am going to Pattaya on New Years Eve for a week. I will be in Korea at that time so I am booking from there.

Global recession, Korea is only about 5 hours or so away so I think, it will be cheaper.

F**k me if it didn't cost about $540! Not much better than flying from America! WTF!! I'm told its high season, I know that but this is October. Not like I'm booking in December, also I'm flying out of Korea.

I was expecting a lot cheaper frankly.

I am going to Pattaya on New Years Eve for a week. I will be in Korea at that time so I am booking from there.

Global recession, [color:red]Korea is only about 5 hours or so away so I think,[/color] it will be cheaper.

F**k me if it didn't cost about $540! Not much better than flying from America! WTF!! I'm told its high season, I know that but this is October. Not like I'm booking in December, also I'm flying out of Korea.

I was expecting a lot cheaper frankly.

Shit, being only 5 hours away, why not buy a motorcycle and drive it like crazy and when you get to Thailand sale it to some farang for $1200? Then split the money with me, treat me to a night on the town and then send my ass packing.

The next morning, go get your bike back and resell it that afternoon. This should keep you in baht, that is if you do this everyday, for at least 2 years. By that time, I should have some more great advice.

Oh...... 5 hours by plane...... Shit, give me a little bit of time and some of my Thai friends will come up with a better idea for you.

There is no hard and fast rules in the airline industry for ticket prices.

The cost of a ticket (RT) for flying from US east coast (NY) to the west coast (California) can be higher than a ticket to Asia, depending on when the ticket was purchased and whether it involved special promotions.

Looks like a pretty good deal to me. I'll bet you had to book through a Korean travel agent with an affiliated branch in Korea to get it (which is what I would have recommended).

Just curious...did you?

PS. You *might* do better to last minute shop once you're over there, but you'd run a huge risk of spending your holiday in Korea. Those flights can be really overbooked; I've flown them many times on standby. :(

Looks like a pretty good deal to me. I'll bet you had to book through a Korean travel agent with an affiliated branch in Korea to get it (which is what I would have recommended).

Just curious...did you?

PS. You *might* do better to last minute shop once you're over there, but you'd run a huge risk of spending your holiday in Korea. Those flights can be really overbooked; I've flown them many times on standby. :(

Yep, I did. Booked through Korea's biggest travel agency (I think) Hanatour.

Oh well, such is life. The airline industry is crazy with regards to prices, etc.

Dont know about Korea, but I just forked out for the following over the dreaded festive season:

BKK-Singapore for her : about 150 AUD

Singapore-Penang for 2 : roughly the same

KL-BKK for 2: under 200 AUD

BKK-Singapore for me : again, 150AUD

So around 650AUD for a total of 6 seats on various aircraft and the taxes at each airport - probably a total of 6 or 7 hours in the air - I think you are being gouged, CS. Air Asia have had some bad press, but all my experiences with them have been good. Downside is that every Australian family with a credit card is currently looking to get on a plane at Xmas, but you cant win em all.

(the car from Subarnapoom to Hua Hin will cost me almost as much as my plane ticket from KL - still a good deal, but it highlights how good those fares are, IMO)

Archived