What's travel insurance do you get?

doris day

Looking for a good low cost travel insurance. Have had to go to hospital a few times in Thailand, all for minor stuff that was taken care of for 1 or 2 thousand baht and not worthy of even bothering to fill out travel insurance paperwork.

I'm only worried about the big stuff, serious injury etc, so i want travel insurance coverage with a low premium.

Any suggestions? (there was travel insurance advertised on here not long ago if i recall and it looked good but can't remember what it was)

DD,

You're Australian I think from memory??

So am I - whenever I travel I use the following company:

World Nomads

Good prices, and wasn't a drama when I had a medical claim one time and lost a camera another.

I can recommend them - and can just buy online.

Travel agents get 40% commission on travel insurance so NEVER buy from an agent - unless you ask for a big discount.

MN,

Thanks for that. Just wondering if you saw this little tidbit

"if you meet a 'friend', agree to engage in sexual activity and as a result wake up in the morning with no bag, passport and a headache, are you covered? It depends. YES, you are covered for unprovoked assault by a third party, and you would be covered for replacement of your personal belongings and passport, but NO, we wouldn't cover you if the "liaison" was illegal under local sex-tourism laws".

Surely you missed this part? lol.....the other thing is that they only offer a $250 payout per stolen item. May have to leave the iphone at home.....hmmmm

I happen to have 'Medical Insurance' thru American Express Card. I think I pay $75.00 per year and something per ticket. Not sure though. Will have to check last trip.

I do have to purchase the plane ticket with American Express for this to apply.

Besides medical, this medical insurance policy will transport my dead body back to home country at no charge.

I don't want to be left dead in Thailand.

Hi,

"So am I - whenever I travel I use the following company:

World Nomads"

Are you aware that we have an affiliate account with them? The banner is on the SUPPORT THAI360 page.

Sanuk!

No I wasn't aware of that, but thanks for letting me know. :thumbup:

"if you meet a 'friend', agree to engage in sexual activity and as a result wake up in the morning with no bag, passport and a headache, are you covered? It depends. YES, you are covered for unprovoked assault by a third party, and you would be covered for replacement of your personal belongings and passport, but NO, we wouldn't cover you if the "liaison" was illegal under local sex-tourism laws".

Well, that's what the hotel safe is for!!! :grinyes:

Surely you missed this part? lol.....the other thing is that they only offer a $250 payout per stolen item. May have to leave the iphone at home.....hmmmm

I am pretty sure that you can pay a bit extra to have stuff "specified" on the policy such as a laptop / iPhone etc.

I haven't used them for a few years, so I can't remember. (Work buys me an annual insurance policy for my travels now so I don't need to worry about it). Most companies have this option and most companies will only cover a small amount per item as part of their normal policy unless you have it specified. Check it out.

Archived