raids occurring to check for pirated software

buddha

Yesterday at Siam Parragon, Microsoft had a Windows 7 promotion where I bought Home Premium for 4,040 baht (USD 120). I asked them what the regular price would be and they said 5,600 baht.

That's even more expensive than in Germany. You can buy Windows 7 home premium (OEM) for 75 EUR at Amazon.de.

Now compare the the GNI (gross national income per capita, from year 2003) in LOS and in Germany:

Germany: 27.000 USD

LOS: 8.000 USD

(of course the reality in LOS is much more worse since the income gap between the lower/middle class and upper class is huge)

Which means that most people in LOS will *need* to look for pirated versions of MS software. There is no way that they can afford it. Compared to other living expenses in LOS MS software is utterly expensive.

Hi,

"Yesterday at Siam Parragon, Microsoft had a Windows 7 promotion where I bought Home Premium for 4,040 baht (USD 120). I asked them what the regular price would be and they said 5,600 baht."

While that is still expensive it isn't as bad as I had heard. A friend mentioned $320, but not sure for what version that was though.

Sanuk!

While that is still expensive it isn't as bad as I had heard. A friend mentioned $320, but not sure for what version that was though.

In many countries there is official MS price and the OEM price.

In Germany:

MS price Home Premium: 120 EUR

OEM price Home Premium: 75 EUR

That's a price difference of 37,5 %. :surprised:

While that is still expensive it isn't as bad as I had heard. A friend mentioned $320' date=' but not sure for what version that was though.

[/quote']

In many countries there is official MS price and the OEM price.

In Germany:

MS price Home Premium: 120 EUR

OEM price Home Premium: 75 EUR

That's a price difference of 37,5 %. :surprised:

The OEM version is only for resellers, to bundle with new PCs. It comes without support from Microsoft. Support should come from the reseller.

The retail version is meant to be sold separately. Support from MS included.

From what I have heard, that doesn't stop retailers from selling the OEM version to retail customers.

Archived