raids occurring to check for pirated software

buddha

I just read on another forum that microsoft in conjunction with thai authorities are conducting raids in Phuket and Chang Mai on companies to check for pirated software.

The result is reported to be a 500,000 fine and shutdown until fine is paid. It is occurring in businesses like cyber cafes, IT companies, and any company that uses a computer.

Any verification on this?

ALso Sakon Nakorn - frankly little internet shops can't afford the cost of real windows and games and make a profit - impossible - if "they" whoever that is wants the third world to get "ICT" and internet they need to do deals so that little businesses can survue insuring that remote communities have access to the world.

Guest HonoluluJimmy

Why don't BKK based boardies set up a schedule to watch Pan Tip Plaza. Got Win 7 for 1700 TBT put it on a external hard drive and ran all kinds of stuff. Downloaded to my pc and sent over to the external and Microid DownDumps ran like a champ. I will likely drop it off to Seth at Khun Woodies Sunday Morn comp coffe meet! BTW, you should all read the K Woody report in Win 7 in the PG. No link as you have to buy the digi version. Me, I just get it every Sat at the Book store in the Lotur Rawai Car Park (Home Sweet Home)

Yesterday at Siam Parragon, Microsoft had a Windows 7 promotion where I bought Home Premium for 4,040 baht (USD 120). I asked them what the regular price would be and they said 5,600 baht.

On the subject of pirated software: last week I wanted to buy a new PC from Power Mall at Emporium (reputable I thought)and asked if they would preinstall Windows 7. They said yes for extra 500 baht. I told them I want original to which the assistant just laughed

Archived