OBAMA BOWS BEFORE JAPAN'S EMPEROR

Flashermac

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a,azing at the lengths the right will go to to stir up controversy. The day after this happened and the Rush Limbaugh's of the country were horror-stricken, the Daily Show showed video of Bush Jr, Eisenhower, and Nixon all doing the same thing. Yet I don't recall Glenn Beck calling Eisenhower an American apologist.

In any case, I'm quite sure that Obama was just trying to show respect to other people's and their cultures...which wasn't ever a bad thing to do before Bush light became President. He obviously was not attempting to convey the message that American's are inferior...and everybody knows that except Fox "News"

So much BS from the right who continually look to find this kind of crap instead of trying to deal with real problems.

Me thunks that the correct (polite) thing to do is to; respect the country's culture and stand for their National Anthem. If the people in the country, for example, put their hand on their heart (like might be done in the USA), then the US President should keep his hands at his side while standing.

CTO and Flash said <>

Exactly...the fact that I personally didn't always do that was cause for me to be called a prat (perhaps correctly) But if I were on camera representing my country as President while meeting foreign dignitaries, I most certainly would do so.

In fact, while I was hosting my school's "Fun Fair" (which was neither fun nor fair) in Bangkok, one of the Princesses showed up as we were honoring her father. I definately stood and obeyed the protocol...which in my mind is far different than standing in a movie theatre when the only thing you are respecting is a movie screen and a bunch of strangers...but that's another argument.

Funny that Obama is being criticized for doing what I was criticized for not doing.

Archived