OBAMA BOWS BEFORE JAPAN'S EMPEROR

Flashermac

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obama's going to of pissed off a lot of Americans on both sides of the political spectrum.

If you bow to someone in Japan it's based on the status of the one you bow to.

For Obama to bow so low implies he's a servant or slave to the emperor!

Does Obama know something we don't?

GYB was a prat, but he was a funny prat and people laughed at him in humour, his jokes, gaffs and folksy style.

This isn't really funny or laughable.

Obama's stance has always been 'I'm professional and with it'. But here he's totally back-fired on what he's all about

GYB was a prat, but he was a funny prat and people laughed at him in humour, his jokes, gaffs and folksy style.

This isn't really funny or laughable.

Obama's stance has always been 'I'm professional and with it'. But here he's totally back-fired on what he's all about

I guess your commemt is sign of the current anti elitist, anti intelectual wave in the US. GWB was folksy, funny, lazy, a little bit stupid, but a country boy with strong (fundamentalist Christian) beliefs. In short joe sixpack and hockey moms loved him (like they love Palin).

That GWB almost probably ended the century of USA's world domination and handed it over to the Chinese on a silver plate isn't that bad since he is such a nice guy...

But that Obama shows this symbolically is of course much more grave. The Americans always hated to look in the mirror, and Obama is now hated by his countrymen for making the Americans realize the reality of the new world order...

I won't be surprised if he won't stay in office long, either not being reelected in four years - or worse. :shifty:

ah yes, all because the US of A is god's own country, the one country that doesn't have to listen to/respect/consider anyone or anything else.

"tradition? f*** that! we're the US of farkin A! we can and will do as WE please.

"we're guests in another country? oh no, they're guests on our planet. everyone, everywhere bows to us!"

why can't you yanks lose a bit of you chauvinistic bs? the world would surely approve...but then again, you don't give a rat's ass about others' opinions, do you?

I never thought this would ever happen but, I have to concur with Colorwolf. :shocked:

GWB of course was different. And you can see how much the German Chancellor enjoyed it during a G-8 summit like the rest of world (while China can't stop grinning that its biggest enemy imploded in front of the eyes due to it's own incompetence).

But Obama is totally different. He doesn't want to impose anything of course but he thinks American style freedom and democracy are just what China needs.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091116/ap_on_bi_ge/obama

Archived