Cobra blood cocktails

Brink15

I couldn't really tell what kind of bug is was. She grabbed a pinch out of her plastic bag and handed it to me. It was on the small side, maybe a cricket or beetle. Looked overcooked, dark brown, greasy and tasted something like the burnt drippings at the bottom of a roasting pan. I didn't really try to savour the flavour and quickly washed it down with a beer.

There's another thread here on bugs. They seem to know more about it. That was my only experience with the unusual. Probably try more next time.

Ok. Had the the before mentioned lunch -- but of course it didn't quite work out as planned. (TIT)

The "snake resturant", situated far out somewhere along Sukhumvit Soi 103, was out of business.

However, I've been promised to be taken to ANOTHER place where they do slit open a live snake, offers you to drink the blood, and then fries the meat. I will report when I know more!

Instead of snake we had Tom Yam Kung, fried baby frogs, chicken garlic/basil leafs and lemongrass/coconut salad. Okey, certainly not as exciting as snake, but the lemongrass salad with shredded coconut was absolutely delicious. A must try if you get the chance!

I had the cobra blood about 4 years ago........

A GF took me there ( somewhere north BKK ), snake is slit in front of you and mixed with something else ( to avoid coagulation ? ), later on the snake is served to eat.........

Blood is good and gives you "power", and snake tastes a bit like rabbit........not bad at all as snake comes.....

Friend of mine had the cobra blood just 2 months ago, will ask him where.

Blood and raw meat are excellent sources of liver fluke, the number-one health problem in Isan. Isn't there a doctor who posts regularly on this board? He should be able to say what problems are associated with drinking blood.

I am not a Dr. but, I I believe you are right about the blood thing. I remember being told not to eat any meat that hadn't been cooked throughly, for just this reason. I ate rattle snake here, and had I know what it was, I wouldn't have done so. Seemed stringy and foul.

"He should be able to say what problems are associated with drinking blood."

I think it's possible you may become dependent and turn into a vampire.....

Archived