New Year holiday accidents

TroyinEwa/Perv

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first week of December a friend of mines brother was killed in a motorcycle accident, he had to go the Police Hospital to claim the body (all fatalities in BKK end up there). He said there were at least 20 people killed that same day. Virtually all of them young men.

TH

The way the Thai teen boys drive their motocykes up here in Surin guarantees many will have a fatal accident. The most recent thing they do now is try to pop wheelies in the street, in traffic! Must be a scene in some movie they have seen recently. It is something new I have seen just lately. They are all trying to do it now.

Must say I see some stupid old farang guys at times driving their 400 cc straight pipes without mufflers 'hawgs' (gimme a break guys) like total nitwits as well. Some teenage boys grow up to be silly men as well, farang and Thai.

Many deaths (due to a variety of reasons) here in Surin each week... mostly teenaged boys.

Ironically, the late Jorges Orgibet wrote about how polite Bangkok drivers were when he came here after WWII. He says cars would stop and motion for the other driver to go first, and everyone stopped for pedestrians. This held true until the early 1960s, when something went drastically wrong. :(

The way the Thai teen boys drive their motocykes up here in Surin guarantees many will have a fatal accident. The most recent thing they do now is try to pop wheelies in the street, in traffic! Must be a scene in some movie they have seen recently. It is something new I have seen just lately. They are all trying to do it now.

Must say I see some stupid old farang guys at times driving their 400 cc straight pipes without mufflers 'hawgs' (gimme a break guys) like total nitwits as well. Some teenage boys grow up to be silly men as well, farang and Thai.

Many deaths (due to a variety of reasons) here in Surin each week... mostly teenaged boys.

The problem I see on Samui with the teenage boys is that the parents don't seem to give a flying f.

If one of these boys ends up under your car and by his own fault and gets killed, you're supposed to hand over money to the family because of their loss. How friggin TIT can it get.

The way the Thai teen boys drive their motocykes up here in Surin guarantees many will have a fatal accident. The most recent thing they do now is try to pop wheelies in the street' date=' in traffic! Must be a scene in some movie they have seen recently. It is something new I have seen just lately. They are all trying to do it now.

Many deaths (due to a variety of reasons) here in Surin each week... mostly teenaged boys.[/quote']

The problem I see on Samui with the teenage boys is that the parents don't seem to give a flying f.

If one of these boys ends up under your car and by his own fault and gets killed, you're supposed to hand over money to the family because of their loss. How friggin TIT can it get.

Get in an accident here, and pay on the spot many times, and the police take a cut.

There is a price on a virgin's virginity, and the parents/mamasan/the bar get a cut. (You hear of it in the villages and elsewhere here all the time. Boy knocks up girl and his family has to pay. Or boy fucks girl here and takes her virginity, and he or family has to pay.)

Kill someone here and have the money, and the parents/family want money... and the cops get their cut.

It is the way it is here. TIT. It sucks really, it is weird from our POV and background, but we all know (or should know) this is the way it is.

Archived