I' like to see a remake of...

Steve

Okay, I usually HATE when the movie studios remake some 'classic' or a popular tv show. They are trying to make money off our nostalgia and it also shows they are out of any new ideas.

There is some new idea that was turned down to make a calculated profit off a certain niche, usually baby boomers, of which, most of us are.

However, there are notable exceptions. I won't get into those but there are some things I wouldn't mind seeing in a remake IF its done right. Perhaps a new twist, perhaps the same way but with modern cinematic techniques and special effects it would be a lot better.

Here are a few things IF done right, could be interersting to me. What about you?

* The 6 million dollar man: Okay, due to inflation and the weak dollar it may be the 600 million or 6 billion dollar man. I loved the original series and think IF done right, could be a great remake. There is a bionic woman series currently out but its not that good.

* Kung Fu: David Carridine did a great job although I hated that Bruce Lee didn't get the original part. Also, this poses some problems currently because no one out now has the aura that a Bruce Lee would have brought to it or even David Carridine. Jet Li maybe? Not sure if I would still have old west back drop. Not sure if it would work in modern day as well.

* Star Wars: I can hear the collective gasps from you all. I appreciate it. The original in '77 is a classic and I can see an argument for it never being touched. However, we're talking 1977. The computer graphics nowadays would blow the original away if we made it today again.

* Great Expectations: The Dickens classic has been done. There was a remake with Robert DeNiro in the '90s I think. However, I have a new twist on it. I've always wanted to do one based on the inner city, the ghetto. A black version if you will. I envision some thug from the hood on the run and some kid from Brooklyn (or my old digs in north Philly) or maybe even Compton being the boy who offers a bit of kindness to him.

* Suzie Wong: An LOS version with a BG and we get into the world of p4p in Pattaya underbelly. I'll play one of the guys banging the girls obviously...hehehe

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't mind seeing any of these with a new touch/twist if it was done well. Give em to Quentin Tarantino, Antoine Fuqua, or Guy Ritchie -- and I'm there:

Soylent Green. French Connection. Deliverance. Network. Billy Jack. Kojack (TV, but good movie material).

Oh yeah, and - Dressed to Kill.

Archived