Delta Airlines

chelseafan

Delta B class will probably not be that bad...a bit "white bread and bland" but bearable. As for bashing the old cows on the USA airlines...yes, arrogant at times, rude at others...but I do believe they could do their job better than than the little cuties on the Asian carriers should the shit hit the fan.

Recently, a newly configured 747 was in our hanger, and the FAs were training on evac drills for the new configuration. Surprising as it may seem, the old cows could move, and move fast, while staying calm and in control a lot better than some of the younger girls and gays. Something to be said for years of training and drills and experience I guess. That said I'd rather look at hot young Asian girls...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my last trip to asia (dec) i flew delta economy from boston to jfk, and singapore airlines business from there - on separate tickets. obviously cabin expereinces don't match (the delta leg was 40 min). I do have to say that I had an excellent experience checking in with delta. They were very professional in making sure that my bags made it through to my destination (BA typically gives me shit about that when I don't book the entire trip through them). No additional charges on delta. When I checked in to SA in JFK, they game me a ration of shit over the weight of my carryon (never had that weighed before!). Same when I boarded the plane. The onboard service on SA was fine (only flew with them 1 time before in 1998), but nothing much different from Thai and BA business class (both of which I flew 4 times from the US to SEA in 2009).

Some of my coworkers fly delta/korean air and say the service is great.

• 3 weeks later...

Well thanks for all your information. Just a bit of feedback

Flew from London to Amsterdam in what can only be described as premium economy on a KLM plane. Considering this is supposed to be business class it was crap.

Amsterdam to Seattle was fantastic, 2-2-2 formation, lie back seat, great service, champange on arrival, good choice of films.

Coming back, I flew Seattle to New York, what a fookin big airport that is. I was told by the checkin attendant that I would be flying 1st class (niiiice) but to give it the tag of premium economy would be praising it too high.

Totally shit flight. The only difference is that I didnt have to pay for my films! Great!

New York to London, very nice, formation 1-2-1 so I had a seat to myself, lie flat beds, attentive service, though I did order a G&T which marginally put out the steward who was expecting me to order beer or wine. Steak for dinner which was superb.

Luggage came off first which was a great touch. I managed to get my bag, get through passport control within 10 minutes....

It seems that they use old planes for internal flights where as trans-atlantic planes are very modern.

Archived