High season still in full swing ?

gobbledonk

Hi All,

I'm still stuck in Oz, tying up a few things (work and personal), but I wondered if the phenomenal number of Farang on the streets of BKK has dissipated ? Dont really care how many are in the bars, but the foot traffic on sidewalks was incredible.

It was hellish around NYE, but I know most Aussie families are well and truly back to the grindstone - not sure about Europe.

Tks,

gobble

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was hellish around NYE, but I know most Aussie families are well and truly back to the grindstone - not sure about Europe.

Tks,

gobble

Absolutely low season in Europe. As far as I know no (longer) holidays until March/April (Easter Holiday).

It's not so cool anymore and the crowds, while still much larger than in low season, are noticeably smaller than a few weeks ago. It seems to be tapering off rather than having a large drop.

I kind of like the crowds. What I notice is that you seem more Farangs in places I typically thought of as Thai venues. These are younger Farangs, often but not always couples, and well outside the lower Sukhumvit bar scene.

I am also seeing more young farang/Thai couples where the girl does not look, talk or act like she just left the scene. More middle class Thais could afford to and sent their kids overseas for an eduction the last few years. It's not surprising they would make friends (boyfriends, girlfriends and simply casual friends) and my guess is that were seeing the consequences of the development now: they're showing their foreign friends around Thailand when they visit. I can see this troubling some members of the rear guard than any and the most outrageous aspects of the p4p scene. The world is changing - for all of us. :content:

Archived