"Silent Bob" Thrown Off Southwest Flight For Being Too Large

USVirgin

Tuf call.

I know people that are large and can wedge into the seat but then they spill over on to the other passengers! I sat next to such a person for a six hour flight and farkin' ugggggggggg, but nothing I could do about it as the plane was full and no other seat available. :dunno:

I know a large man here in BKK and his always buys two seats on the bus to Pattaya, no fuss, no mess.

The issue is not the fatness of the person but the narrowness of the seats.

AirNZ who made headlines for "CuddleClass" seats recently, were very quiet about how at the same time, they've narrowed the seats back in cattle class by 2 cm.

You know another idea is, for short people and children, you could easily fit a double decker arrangement of seats in two vertical tiers in the back of the plane. But wait, that'd be discriminating against shorties.

So why is it acceptable to discriminate against fat people?

I'm not talking about 250Kg giants, I'm talking about people who are fat but the same size as Grid Iron or Rugby players.

Seats in cattle class should be able to accommodate a mature 6 foot male with shoulder width that is appropriate.

I suppose they could have all different size seats and slot people in on boarding according to dimensions..

:)

Archived