I am a MOTHERFUCKER

USVirgin

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a reference to one Bernie Goetz in 'B-Boy Bouillabaisse,' the last track on Paul's Boutique (Beastie Boys). Great album. Wondered wtf they were talking about.

and..

Charles Bronson did. :D

Ahh. Good. Thank you lord for giving me this opportunity to go OT -- and put up the best Gary Oldman role of all time and history.

In 'True Romance' Oldman plays Drexl, a white pimp with a severe identity crisis. And it is a very beautiful thing.

Further OT note: script was written by Tarantino (you can tell from dialog), he wrote it while working at a video store in Manhattan Beach and used the profit from the sale to fund 'Reservoir Dogs').

Oh yeah, there's a nice little Bronson acknowledgement halfway through. Makes it relevant here, yes??

:)

8uQFm-Lfcqo

I love that movie! Another classic scene was Dennis Hopper (playing Slater's father) explaining to Christopher Walken, the mafia guy, why Sicilians had dark complexion (the moors were in Sicily).

In the background of the clip, the movie 'The Mack' was playing. EVERY guy in my area and pretty much every black guy I know my age and older (and most of the younger ones) have seen that movie. Classic '70s movie about a pimp. Many rappers took pars of that in songs, videos, etc. Richard Pryor was in it.

Archived