Do you bargain on gold prices?

doxx

Hi gents,

I'm going to Chinatown tomorrow to get myself a new wedding ring (I need the constant reminder).

When buying gold jewelry, should you bargain the price? How much? To what percentage should I try get the price down?

Thanks

It depends if "New" is new to you (ie a second hand ring) or brand new.

Current Gold Prices are

Bullion Buy 17300 Sell 17400

Jewelery Buy 17055 Sell 17800

If buying a second hand ring you may be able to bargain down to the bullion sell price but don't expect anymore of a discount.

Hi gents' date='

I'm going to Chinatown tomorrow to get myself a new wedding ring (I need the constant reminder).

When buying gold jewelry, should you bargain the price? How much? To what percentage should I try get the price down?

Thanks[/quote']

It depends if "New" is new to you (ie a second hand ring) or brand new.

Thanks everyone.

Current Gold Prices are

Bullion Buy 17300 Sell 17400

Jewelery Buy 17055 Sell 17800

If buying a second hand ring you may be able to bargain down to the bullion sell price but don't expect anymore of a discount.

You leave me wondering if they are selling used gold in these shops: is it designated as used or would I not know unless they tell me?

Anyways, I got myself a new 1 Baht ring from a reputable shop yesterday. Given all your comments, I did not bother to bargain the small amounts.

[

You leave me wondering if they are selling used gold in these shops: is it designated as used or would I not know unless they tell me?

In Theory the top sell price for Jewelered Gold should be for a piece you have commissioned.

Most gold is used, it is a commodity that is not consumed (except in rare cases) and is easy to recycle.

Archived