Yahoo SMS to LOS "Invalid Mobile Number"

gawguy

Your message to 16610879127419 could not be delivered because the Mobile Phone Number is invalid.

That's what I get when I try to send text message to a lady in my contact list. When I put the number into the contact list I wrote +6610879127419 & yahoo changed it to what you see above. The "1" at the beginning is for USA, yes? Because I was asked my country where the call originates. Should I put Thailand instead? How do I change it?

Your message to 16610879127419 could not be delivered because the Mobile Phone Number is invalid.

That's what I get when I try to send text message to a lady in my contact list. When I put the number into the contact list I wrote +6610879127419 & yahoo changed it to what you see above. The "1" at the beginning is for USA, yes? Because I was asked my country where the call originates. Should I put Thailand instead? How do I change it?

Try 011 668 791 27419

Try dialing it as +661 912 7419 or +667 912 7419 The 08 is used in Thailand...a few years back they added the 8 or 08 to make more numbers available...my guess is it is something in how to connect/dial...I just tried both numbers and the sms seems to have gone through. The 667 number should be it...er I think...

You might want to have this post deleted as it contains someone's phone number...

Thats not a valid Number

thai Mobiles are 7 Digit numbers preceded with a 3 Digit Code dependent on carrier, but always begin 08

081 AIS

083 TRUE

From US number would be +66-8n-1234-567

Guys! Guys!

I can't make sense of these numbers.

Lets look at this one first:

+66-8n-1234-567

What is the "+" sign for?? Or do I use a zero there instead?

If the number I want has a "5" instead of a 1 or 3 do I use the 5??

Do I have to know if the network is 123 or True or AIS? Even if I don't know that when I am in Thailand?

For this number in Thailand: 085 101 8952, Mekong what do I do?

What about this from Old Hippie:

"Try dialing it as +661 912 7419 or +667 912 7419"

PLEASE NOTE: I am trying to send an SMS out of Yahoo mail, not make a regular phone call.

Help!

GG

+ is the symbol for accessing International Dialing Codes (IDD) on most digital networks + works but on old systems the old IDD Acces code is required (001 USA ?)

For 085 101 8952 use +66-851-018-052

Sorry if stupid question: Dashes required, or just a convenience that's accepted, or are they to be excluded from the Yahoo address book entry?

Also..regarding "old systems"..what and/or where do I encounter old system or new system?

Thanks,

GG

A problem came up I don't understand:

"Yahoo Messenger cannot send SMS messages to this mobile number +66 853884227"

But I just sent two messages to very similar numbers. After the error message there is a link to "find out why", but it is not specific..there could be lots of reasons. Here is one: "Yahoo! limits the number of consecutive text messages you can send from your computer to a mobile number that isn't responding. This strategy is designed to help prevent spam and other abuse." This was the third msg I tried to send..the others haven't had a chance to respond yet. This block is not helpful since I am sending to Thai women who can't write English. I don't expect responses.

011 668#####

I sent sms FROM YAHOO to the number you posted, using the method suggested earlier, both went through. Instead of + use 011 the dashes are just to keep it simple, do not add them when typing the number.

However, it sounds like you may have an invalid number.

Archived