Time To "Bitch-slap Israel"?

Hugh_Hoy

>No SUV's or boats with engines.<

such a republican position, the measure of one's worth is materialistic acquisitions..

your position on this issue is what is exactly whats wrong with the right wing nuts

= an angry SUV kill 'um all evangelical has a better life than a smiling 3rd world-er ( .. or american indian?)

what will it take to get SUVs off the road & engined boats off the recreational water ways.

fat lazy drunks aggressively speeding around a man made lake (1/2 filled with silt) is so America ..

get a kayak

please note i did not mention that your examples of happiness are killing the planet (ocean pH is a fact .. global warming due to your beloved SUVs remains up in the air.)

Waring with contiguous neighbors is far different than remote imperialism.

sunni vs kurd far is very different from Polish natives vs Middle eastern natives.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.Killing 6 Mio people is nothing can simply put behind you. <

Belgium did!

.. 10m was Leopold's body count in the early 20th century Congo

the US / Kissinger has .

Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, E. Timor

include the US supported Khmer Rouge body count & the US murdered more than hitler ..

the debate should be: napalm vs ovens, which one is more humane.

.Killing 6 Mio people is nothing can simply put behind you. <

Belgium did!

.. 10m was Leopold's body count in the early 20th century Congo

the US / Kissinger has .

Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, E. Timor

include the US supported Khmer Rouge body count & the US murdered more than hitler ..

the debate should be: napalm vs ovens, which one is more humane.

Strange numbers I have never heard of.

Anyway, one atrocity doesn't makes another massacre any better...

From what I read, it appears Netanyahu was delivered that message, and sent on his way.

Well done, Obama!

Depends on which news story you read, as to what went down, but I like this one, if factual.

[color:blue]In their meeting Mr Obama set out expectations that Israel was to satisfy if it wanted to end the crisis, Israeli sources said. These included an extension of the freeze on Jewish settlement growth beyond the ten-month deadline next September, an end to building projects in east Jerusalem and a withdrawal of Israeli forces to positions held before the second intifada in September 2000.

Newspaper reports recounted how Mr Netanyahu looked “excessively concerned and upset†when he pulled out a flow chart to show Mr Obama how Jerusalem planning permission worked and how he could not have known that the announcement that hundreds more homes were to be built would be made when Mr Biden arrived in Jerusalem.

Mr Obama then suggested that Mr Netanyahu and his staff stay at the White House to consider his proposals so that if he changed his mind he could inform the President right away. “I’m still around,†the daily newspaper Yediot Aharonot quoted Mr Obama as saying. “Let me know if there is anything new.â€Â

With the atmosphere so soured by the end of the evening, the Israelis decided that they could not trust the telephone line they had been lent for their consultations. Mr Netanyahu and Ehud Barak, his Defence Minister, went to the Israeli Embassy to ensure that the Americans were not listening in.

The meeting came barely a day after Mr Obama’s health reform victory. Israel had calculated that he would be too tied up with domestic issues to focus seriously on the Middle East.[/color]

Link

Newspaper reports recounted how Mr Netanyahu looked “excessively concerned and upset†when he pulled out a flow chart to show Mr Obama how Jerusalem planning permission worked and how he could not have known that the announcement that hundreds more homes were to be built would be made when Mr Biden arrived in Jerusalem.

Mr Obama then suggested that Mr Netanyahu and his staff stay at the White House to consider his proposals so that if he changed his mind he could inform the President right away. “I’m still around,†the daily newspaper Yediot Aharonot quoted Mr Obama as saying. “Let me know if there is anything new.â€Â

Netanyahu must have felt like a student being scolded and sent home and being told by the teacher to work on his paper and do a better presentation the next morning.

Actually I have never heard that a head of a state needed a chart to explain to another head of a state why he isn't able to control his country's bureaucracy.

Usually both parties decide to form a joint commission staffed by low rank officials for to avoid loss of face for either party.

But not this time...

In the world of international diplomacy this was a full on slap in Netanyahu's face.

:surprised:

>> [Olduvai Gorge] didn't man originate from there?....we all should go back!

... precisely! That's why your "Why don't you all go back where your ancestors came from?" argument is so daft.

:beer:

Just think of the housing shortage if we all suddenly decided to "go back home" to the UK, Ireland, Germany etc. :hmmm:

>Strange numbers I have never heard of.

Anyway, one atrocity doesn't makes another massacre any better...<

1919 Belgian government commission: roughly half the population perished during the Free State period. Since the first official census by the Belgian authorities in 1924 put the population at about 10 million, that implies a rough estimate of 10 million dead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_II_of_Belgium

&

Kissinger's murder for freedom is well documented.

US intervention in Cambodia contributed to the eventual seizure of power by the Khmer Rouge, that grew from 4,000 in number in 1970 to 70,000 in 1975.[2] This conflict, although an indigenous civil war, was considered to be part of the larger Vietnam War (1959–1975) that also consumed the neighboring Kingdom of Laos, South Vietnam, and North Vietnam. This civil war led to the Cambodian Genocide, one of the bloodiest in history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambodian_Civil_War

OMG! If your'e trying to blame the U.S. for what the Khmer Rouge got away with, give it up. Wiki can be quite the source of propaganda and "colored" history sometimes. Anybody who knows ANYTHING about the modern history of Cambo would know that the French are to blame. ;)

HH

Archived