Health care changes .. 'immediate' effect

temfarang

As soon as health care passes, the American people will see immediate benefits. The legislation will:

* Prohibit pre-existing condition exclusions for children in all new plans;

ME: disagree: no way a private company should be forced to take on an obvious huge money loser ..

a societal responsibility / government responsibility .. or abort as soon as the condition is diagnosed. If abortion is denied the entire medical cost for the freak becomes a lifetime 100% government responsibility

* Provide immediate access to insurance for uninsured Americans who are uninsured because of a pre-existing condition through a temporary high-risk pool;

ME: disagree, again, no way a private company should be forced to take on an obvious huge money loser ..

a societal responsibility / government responsibility

* Prohibit dropping people from coverage when they get sick in all individual plans;

me: agree

* Lower seniors' prescription drug prices by beginning to close the donut hole;

ME agree: the bush / republican 'gift' to pharmaceutical companies .. meds are often 300% more in the US

* Offer tax credits to small businesses to purchase coverage;

ME agree

* Eliminate lifetime limits and restrictive annual limits on benefits in all plans;

ME: agree within reasonable limits.

* Require plans to cover an enrollee's dependent children until age 26;

ME: agree .. currently it's 21

* Require new plans to cover preventive services and immunizations without cost-sharing;

ME: agree

* Ensure consumers have access to an effective internal and external appeals process to appeal new insurance plan decisions;

* Require premium rebates to enrollees from insurers with high administrative expenditures and require public disclosure of the percent of premiums applied to overhead costs.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My health insurance is due to go up 15%...WTF, must be part of the new "O" healthcrap plan...

So, it's the fault of the law which does not exist yet that your health care is going up? How about corrupt insurance comapnies?

Anyway, you country seems to become a little bit more human...

...wait for the shoe to drop...we are only in the very beginning of this issue...

Ohhhh, the law which mandates you MUST carry insurance! freedoms, gone!

The state of Illinois mandates you must buy auto insurance....but I do not drive an auto in the USA, so Illinois doesn't arrest me...this healthcrap bill??? we will see...

As soon as health care passes, the American people will see immediate benefits. The legislation will:

* Prohibit pre-existing condition exclusions for children in all new plans;

ME: disagree: no way a private company should be forced to take on an obvious huge money loser ..

a societal responsibility / government responsibility .. or abort as soon as the condition is diagnosed. If abortion is denied the entire medical cost for the freak becomes a lifetime 100% government responsibility

It must suck if you are a catholic conservative, your religion precludes the abortion part and the conservationism denies the use of government funds (health care is not a right argument) so if you are unlucky enough to have a child with a genetic disorder you go bankrupt trying to care of him/her.

A quick google search shows a couple of studies that indicate that roughly 50-60% of all bankruptcies are due to medical bills.

As to whom pays the bills, well i guess the majority is written off by the health care providers that provided the service (hospitals, clinics, private doctors)

Archived